Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me some of the options they installed themselves and any difficulties they had. Can body side mounding, door edge guards, splash guards, cargo liner be bought from a parts dealer and be installed by owner to save some money

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the splash guards and it was pretty easy. Just follow the directions exactly. They match the body very well and look like they were installed at the factory.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can anyone tell me some of the options they installed themselves and any difficulties they had. Can body side mounding, door edge guards, splash guards, cargo liner be bought from a parts dealer and be installed by owner to save some money
Yes, all of that is a fairly straightforward DIY. We skipped accessories entirely when buying and I'm (slowly) installing the ones we wanted ourselves.

If you go out to the College Hills Honda accessories page, they have installation instructions for everything. Take a look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've installed mud guards - super easy. Rear bumper scratch guard - pretty easy just need to make sure you are taking your time and prep area well. Side body guards - pretty easy (prep area well). Roof bars -super easy. Sunroof visor - easy (end up taking it off as it creates too much wind noise when going above 40mph). The hardest thing I installed was the lighted side rails and it was just time consuming more than anything. Finding the electrical connector in the side dashboard area was not easy. If you where just doing the non-lit running boards it would be super easy. As others have said College Hills Honda has the install instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts