Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use a wet wax on a car while it's dry? I splurged and bought the Turtle Wax Ceramic lineup a couple months ago, but never tried out the wet wax. After I wash my car, I use a leaf blower to dry the car so I don't have to dry the whole car by hand. It doesn't get rid of all the water, but most of it is gone. If I use the wet wax on a (mostly) dry car, will it do any damage to the Paint? I emailed Turtle Wax directly but couldn't get a straightforward answer. I have a white Pilot so streaks aren't as much of an issue as they would be on a black car, but I most probably will notice it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use WW from TRC. Could just be the spray I'm using. I thinnk it was Mothers...I say think because I kicked it over one day and the bottle cracked so I put the remaining in an empty spray bottle and just labeled spray wax. Like I said, it just turns into a milky substance and then use are just leaving that on the vehicle instead of drying. And when you try to buff that out you just end of with a damp buff rag that keeps on spreading it around.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Are you talking about the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax? Because if so, applying it to a dry vehicle is better according to the detailing channels. My dad has the "black" version and we applied it to his Yukon XL Denali, it was extremely easy on his dry truck. The results were great as well.

Some of the manufacturers have been labeling and putting in the instructions that you can use these products on wet cars because they think it will broaden the appeal. Less steps, more convenience type of thing.

If you are still unsure, try a test area. The stuff was super easy to work with. Spray on, rub into panel with a microfiber, grab another microfiber, buff to shine.

Reactions: ys1219

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you talking about the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax? Because if so, applying it to a dry vehicle is better according to the detailing channels. My dad has the "black" version and we applied it to his Yukon XL Denali, it was extremely easy on his dry truck. The results were great as well.

Some of the manufacturers have been labeling and putting in the instructions that you can use these products on wet cars because they think it will broaden the appeal. Less steps, more convenience type of thing.

If you are still unsure, try a test area. The stuff was super easy to work with. Spray on, rub into panel with a microfiber, grab another microfiber, buff to shine.
Yea I sprayed this on the car when I didn't know much about detailing and the rest of the turtle wax lineup. The paint seems fine to me, but I sprayed it a while ago and it's a white car so It'll be hard to tell if there's any streaking or anything. I searched online and from the vids I watched, they were doing it on a dry car so that's why I created this post.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yea I sprayed this on the car when I didn't know much about detailing and the rest of the turtle wax lineup. The paint seems fine to me, but I sprayed it a while ago and it's a white car so It'll be hard to tell if there's any streaking or anything. I searched online and from the vids I watched, they were doing it on a dry car so that's why I created this post.
Sounds like you are good to go! Happy detailing, good product choice! The Turtle Wax stuff has been awfully impressive the last couple years. I remember when nobody would touch it.

Reactions: ys1219
1 - 5 of 5 Posts