Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2017 Honda Pilot, accidentally discovered a very saturated floor. Snapped plastic lid off "Frame Number" on carpet. Floor was flooded. Dealer said they had to reseal and replace carpet (have not picked it up yet to ask specific question about "resealed". We do not know how long it has been leaking. It must have been over 1/2 gallon of water soaked into the foam backing on the carpet. We encourage everyone to look at the floor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wet Passeenger Floor

Under the all weather mats made into the carpet, there is a black plastic snapped on cover, when you unsnap this cover the frame number is stamped into the metal floor panel. This black cover is about 2"x6" in size. Since this carpet has a thick foam padding, the water never showed up in the carpet! They do not know how long its been leaking! The vehicle has no smell, still smells like new. We just wanted to inform others to check this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer replaced all carpets and "Resealed Frame Seal". Three Weeks later - wet again! We encourage everyone to check under your carpet by lifting the plastic cover over frame number and run your hand underneath! This could be a major issue! Waiting to hear back from Honda on a solution!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
water runs down floor board panel between engine and interior, where are the sunroof drains located and where do they drain to?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also i can pour water on plastic cowing at hood bottom of windshield and water pours in on floor board (firewall panel).

If you do not run your hand under the carpet under the plastic frame number door panel, you will never know it is leaking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my 2005 Honda Pilot I had this problem. I found that my HVAC drain was plugged up with pine needles s and such. First off change your cabin air filter. The problem starts there because that’s where the AC condensation drain is. Accessed from behind the glovebox. Make sure to vacuum out all the debris. Then the next step is a little harder. Take your shop-vac hose under your car. On the drivers side where the firewall meet the floor pan you’ll see a rubber drain. Out the shop-vac hose right on it. That’ll allow all accumulated debris to be sucked out of the drain.

This is the condensate drain from the HVAC system. Even when your AC isn’t on if your running your defrost then your AC is working. That’s why defrost works so well. AC draws moisture out of the air in your car. That’s why on a hot day you see puddles under cars in parking lots. After they sit for a few minutes.

I don’t have my manual in from of me but there should be directions for the cabin air filter replacement in there. If not then Utube will. It’s 10 minutes 4 10mm screws and one $10 filter from the Autoparts store or Amazon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There was a women in my town with a Pilot identical to my own (2016 EX-L Modern Steel) who also had this happen to her at less than 15000. It was a defect around the passenger side wheel that was allowing water in. They tried and could not fix it. She was given a brand new one as hers was deemed a lemon by our state law.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There was a women in my town with a Pilot identical to my own (2016 EX-L Modern Steel) who also had this happen to her at less than 15000. It was a defect around the passenger side wheel that was allowing water in. They tried and could not fix it. She was given a brand new one as hers was deemed a lemon by our state law.
Sweet deal!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just discovered my 2016 is leaking water into the driver's side footwell after washing the car manually and it seems its always been leaking as i have the floor mats and all-weather rubber mats on and never checked until reading this post and checking it. I will try and recreate the issue as stated above.

please check you pilot for leaks as this is serious defect

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can confirm that my passenger side is also wet under the frame number part. Does not touch the carpet since there is some foam under the carpet which lifts it up. I still assume it's a defect though.

·
Registered
980 Posts
This is the Honda ice maker feature up here in the frozen north, comes with no charge. I should check mine when it's warmer out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fixit, Has your pilot stopped leaking? I am experiencing the same issue in my 2019. The dealer found a missing grommet on the firewall. They said while they have the car torn apart, they will reseal all of the seams as well as replace the grommet and all of the interior carpeting. I am a little disgusted that I spent this kind of money on the car to have an issue like this right off the bat.

·
Registered
271 Posts
is this a common issue for all 2019 model?
I say its common and is definitely a defect with 3rd Generation pilot as my 2016 is still wet even after I discovered it a week ago. Remember most of us have the carpet then floor mats and then all weather floor mats hence, most of us don't notice it, you have to lift either all 3 and feel it or just the first 2 (floor mats and all weather rubbers mats) then feel it with your hands

·
Registered
76 Posts
After weeks of heavy rains, just checked the floor mats & under the passenger floor VIN hatch on my 2019 Pilot.

All dry!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts