Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

WEST COAST day at the beach

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  dandbtucker 
#1 ·
This began in the NW club forum, but maybe some Californians would like to cruise up 101?

So who would like to get together at the ocean? Oregon Coast seems to be the most favorable, and a good midpoint at that. Sounds like a great quick weekend vacation, and a chance to bond with your Pilot on a road trip.
If you're interested, lets hear from you :) I'm not as familiar with the Oregon coast, so throw out some beach names and dates, and we can get this started.

#4 ·
Oregon Coast spots

A good bet would be from Cannon Beach down thru Tillamook (air museum, cheese factory tour is kinda cool) down to Newport.

Lots of great places to sight see and stop, like lighthouses, state parks, Indian gaming, great beaches, golf courses, etc.

According to my Garmin V GPS (MapSource), it is 109 miles from Cannon Beach to Newport and will take 2 hours and 19 minutes if you drove straight through on the 101.

http://www.newportnet.com/
http://www.tillamookchamber.org/
http://www.cannonbeach.org/

Can't get there from San Diego for a weekend trip, but I wish I could. My NBP would look great on the NW Coast. :4:

Have fun,

SoCalGary :jump3:

#6 ·
I really enjoy the northern half of the Oregon coast. Favorites are Cannon Beach, Lincoln City, Newport, Tillamook and the Seaside to Astoria section.

There are several areas where you can drive out onto the beach which might be cool. I know not all Piloteers would want to try it, but it's pretty fun when you've got a vehicle that performs this well out there. I'd love to take a picture of a bunch of Pilots all parked on the beach right at sunset :4:

Depending on the location of interested Piloteers, we should probably stick to the northern coast if most of us are Seattle to Portland area residents. Maybe find something south if we get a lot of interest from CA, NV and So. Oregon residents.

Count me in for anywhere in Oregon. I'll volunteer to guide a drive down the 101 if it's the northern section that I know.

Sounds like fun!:2:

#7 ·
01r1,
Your post is exactly what I had in mind.
With your photography skills, we will make better photos than the Pilot ads. I was hoping we could take a photo of each family with their Pilot (and Dogs too, they'd love the beach!)
I'm open really anytime this summer, so whatever works for all of you. Load up your coolers and slap on the sunscreen.
I'd drive on the beach too, as long as I could hose her off at a carwash soon after.

#8 ·
74PILOTMOM said:
01r1,
With your photography skills, we will make better photos than the Pilot ads. I was hoping we could take a photo of each family with their Pilot (and Dogs too, they'd love the beach!)
I'm open really anytime this summer, so whatever works for all of you. Load up your coolers and slap on the sunscreen.
I'd drive on the beach too, as long as I could hose her off at a carwash soon after.
Hey you on the West Coast...

Hurry and get that Pilot Meetcha at the Beach organized! I can't wait to see 01r1's photos of the occasion. Just hope he won't have to shoot through the raindrops, as happened with the DC area meet....

#10 ·
74PILOTMOM said:
01r1,
Sounds great! I'll take all the pictures anyone wants.

Yes, I always stop by one of those high powered manual car washes and spray everything down underneath before I even head home. I never drive into the salt water, but that sand does get everywhere.

Mid August would be fun.

-Pete

#11 ·
Ziploc said:

Hey you on the West Coast...

Hurry and get that Pilot Meetcha at the Beach organized! I can't wait to see 01r1's photos of the occasion. Just hope he won't have to shoot through the raindrops, as happened with the DC area meet....
July - September is usually pretty dry around here, so with any luck, we won't see those dreaded rain drops. There's enough of that the other nine months of the year!

-Pete

#15 ·
Not too many WA members!

I really think you all should have a get together a little farther south, to include the Californians. There just aren't enough members in this area. I'm probably going to go "do" the coast this summer regardless, but will stay up around here with my 3 month old. Major road trips with 3 small kids give me anxiety! So if anyone's still up for a small WA or OR northern Coast gathering, I'm all about it. So plan away, danbtucker- VEGAS would be cool! (it was your idea in the first place, IIRC)

#17 ·
Hi! This is the family who's wonderful parents/in-laws just bought us this beautiful piece of work in May. We absolutely love it and feel so much safer driving our now 1 year old daughter around. We have taken one trip to the coast recently but would really like to go again. My husband only has Sundays off from work, so it would have to be a day trip for us unless he gets off work early on a Saturday. So far anytime this summer would be good. We live in Grants Pass which is very accessable to the southern Oregon coast. Brookings, Gold Beach or Bandon would be good meeting places say maybe July 26???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.