Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order at the end of June. My dealer alerted me to a cancellation someone made for an order he told me was coming in July. I put $500 down to take this person's place in line for July and I never hear a word from the dealer. I always have to call(email) him. Is this pretty much typical?

·
Registered
395 Posts
From Feb (when I first contacted my dealer) through May I was the one who kept calling for information. After the dealership first found out when they would get the first shipment (and I had plunked down my deposit), then the salesman would contact me whenever they had something new to report.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Funny you should ask-- I just called my salesperson the other day for an update. I, too, ordered my Pilot at the end of June and I was told to expect it at the end of August or the beginning of September. If there was a cancellation, I would be notified. When I called the other day, I was told that they already knew what their allotment was for August and (surprise!), I wasn't on it. He assured me that I would be on it for September, but wasn't quite sure when. Supposedly, the dealership would get their allotment info for September next week. I asked him to call me at that time and let me know when in September I can expect to take delivery.

He also told me during my phone call that this particular dealership is not only the largest dealer of Pilots in all of New England, but New York and New Jersey too. He said they get between 20-22 Pilots a month and they are all sold before they get there.

I will keep you updated if I here anything further or if I again, have to make the phone call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts