Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I had been looking at the Passport Elite for a couple of years but due to COVIDs insanely high used prices ended up going to buy new, utilizing the 0%. I drove the Passport Elite and loved it but ended up with a better deal on the Pilot and with 3 kids and surfboards, this made more sense. I just turned 40 so had to suck in my pride a bit and not go with the cooler, younger guy truck but gonna do my best to make it a badass family wagon!
I’m actually loving the Pilot and realizing the extra $$$ for ventilated seats etc. wasn't really worth it for me. I only had two needs.
1. Heated leather seats.
2. Black wheels.
The SE gave me that and more so was happy to make the purchase.

I added the side body molding and crossbars but may upgrade the whole rack at some point.

Chrome window trim delete kit is on the way in gloss black vinyl so we’ll see how that goes.

Need to make an appointment for tints...

Just today, I ordered 1.25” front and 1” rear Bora spacers to hopefully sort out the tucked look. I actually really like the wheel style but do wish they were an 8.5 or 9 wide wheel but not the end of the world. There’s not a whole lot of info on the forums regarding the Bora spacers/sizes but the guy at Motorsport tech was super helpful on the phone and said that tons of Pilot owners had made purchases in this set up. Where are you all???!!!

Reading about VCM stuff...

That’s all for now...I’ll update pics in a few weeks when I’ve done a few of these little projects!

BABEB910-4BE8-43F2-9C1B-FC81EA7E9835.jpeg

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Looks good! We periodically get a user who posts about lifting their Pilot but it's not common on the forum. Hopefully that super clean Pilot doesn't have to go into NYC too often to get beat up!

·
Registered
180 Posts
He's talking about spacers to push the wheels out further...not lift it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good! We periodically get a user who posts about lifting their Pilot but it's not common on the forum. Hopefully that super clean Pilot doesn't have to go into NYC too often to get beat up!
I actually have to go into the village in two weeks so not looking forward to parking 😬

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Nice Pilot!
If you plan on keeping this vehicle past the warranty, yes, I'd disable the VCM. I'd also make sure the vehicle is being serviced with full synthetic oil. No blend or semi.

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
I had been looking at the Passport Elite for a couple of years but due to COVIDs insanely high used prices ended up going to buy new, utilizing the 0%. I drove the Passport Elite and loved it but ended up with a better deal on the Pilot and with 3 kids and surfboards, this made more sense. I just turned 40 so had to suck in my pride a bit and not go with the cooler, younger guy truck but gonna do my best to make it a badass family wagon!
Better to leave the "cooler, younger guy truck" to a cooler, younger guy like @Daltongang .

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,274 Posts
I absolutely love my 2020 Passport touring. It for us is the perfect vehicle. NOW with that said, with 3 kids and all that stuff, the Pilot makes more sense than the Passport in your situation. Congratulations on the new ride.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,274 Posts
Better to leave the "cooler, younger guy truck" to a cooler, younger guy like @Daltongang .
Yep all of our ankle bitters are grown, gone and realizing what a pain they were (sometimes) now that they have ankle bitters of their own. :LOL:

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
494 Posts
Hello all!

I’m actually loving the Pilot and realizing the extra $$$ for ventilated seats etc. wasn't really worth it for me.

I can tell you don't live in Florida.... probably not Texas, definitely not Arizona or New Mexico and most likely not Southern California.

You know some people also don't understand the benefits and comfort to wearing boxers... come join me with the Mouse in August. You'll definitely understand.

Welcome to the club. Love the black wheels.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring
33 Posts
Nice! Congrats on your SE purchase! Black wheels are simply amazing.

Lol ... and ditto!
Although we didn't quite go out to with the intent to buy a Passport but started with the intent of getting a CR-V Hybrid Touring, then subsequently zeroed in on Passport Elite.

Finally realized that a Pilot would give us the 3 more seating options, or we'd just lower the back seat and have it feel like a Passport with reasonable cargo room.
Thus ending our journey with a Pilot Touring purchase.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,264 Posts
I actually have to go into the village in two weeks so not looking forward to parking 😬
At least you don't have any hubcaps to steal. But watch out for your cats. :(

Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your new Pilot looks sharp. You’ve got more pride left than me . . . my daily driver recently became a Prius.😬

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
. . . my daily driver recently became a Prius.😬
How is it working out for you, thus far?
Can you plug it in during the day at your place of employment and are you charging it every night at home?

There's one Prius Prime owner in the neighborhood who parks it in the driveway and runs an extension cord out from the garage under the door.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,839 Posts
How is it working out for you, thus far?
Can you plug it in during the day at your place of employment and are you charging it every night at home?

There's one Prius Prime owner in the neighborhood who parks it in the driveway and runs an extension cord out from the garage under the door.
I must say it’s nice not having to hit the gas station every week. There is something to be said about getting ~53 mpg (gas mode) versus 18 mpg that the Tacoma was getting. That part is nice, and the car actually has some pep to it when you press the gas pedal. But it is a very judgmental vehicle . . . you get scored after every drive and after every stop. It's kinda annoying. And there are way too many warning chimes, so I have to figure out how to disable some of the unnecessary ones.

I run it in EV mode about 8-10 miles each day (six miles city traffic; four miles on the downhill freeway sections) of my ~40 mile round trip commute. I end up charging at home every other commute day. My employer doesn't have any charging stations yet. I'm not sure if that will be in the works. But there is are couple Teslas and a Leaf in our lot, and I wouldn't have any issue giving them priority. Overall I get about 750 - 800 miles combined gas and EV mode with multiple charges before I have to fill up the gas tank.

If you're in good relations with your neighbor you might tell him/her that running an extension cord defeats one of the safety features on the EVSE (charger). The plug on the EVSE monitors the temperature of the house outlet side plug and will stop if it detects an over-temperature condition. This is mainly to protect against poor wiring / connection at the AC power outlet. I'm paranoid and set the charge current to 8A (12A is the highest it will go) to reduce the possibility of an electrical fire (although I installed a new outlet myself and measured the temperature of the plug while the Prime was charging and it was cool as a cucumber).

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
494 Posts
I must say it’s nice not having to hit the gas station every week. There is something to be said about getting ~53 mpg (gas mode) versus 18 mpg that the Tacoma was getting. That part is nice, and the car actually has some pep to it when you press the gas pedal. But it is a very judgmental vehicle . . . you get scored after every drive and after every stop. It's kinda annoying. And there are way too many warning chimes, so I have to figure out how to disable some of the unnecessary ones.

I run it in EV mode about 8-10 miles each day (six miles city traffic; four miles on the downhill sections) of my ~40 mile round trip commute. I end up charging at home every other commute day. My employer doesn't have any charging stations yet. I'm not sure if that will be in the works. But there is are couple Teslas and a Leaf in our lot, and I wouldn't have any issue giving them priority. Overall I get about 750 - 800 miles combined gas and EV mode with multiple charges before I have to fill up the gas tank.

If you're in good relations with your neighbor you might tell him/her that running an extension cord defeats one of the safety features on the EVSE (charger). The plug on the EVSE monitors the temperature of the house outlet side plug and will stop if it detects an over-temperature condition. This is mainly to protect against poor wiring / connection at the AC power outlet. I'm paranoid and set the charge current to 8A (12A is the highest it will go) to reduce the possibility of an electrical fire (although I installed a new outlet myself and measured the temperature of the plug while the Prime was charging and it was cool as a cucumber).
8A is pretty slow, how long does it take to get a full charge?

With gas prices going up and by the looks of it they are here to stay, Prius doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I miss my Chevy Volt (but I don't miss the lack of space). I would get gas every 4-6 weeks.... I still might get another one but with work from home being permanent for me I just shuttle the kids to school and back.

Had my first $50 full up in a long time in the Pilot recently. I'm going to get real annoyed when it creeps up to $70.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts