Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Well, The 08 is starting to think it's a Truck! LOL
It's NOT a truck! But with my truck sidelined, a HAD to use my 08 FWD to haul some red maple limbs I trimmed this morning. While I was at the recycle place in my city to deposit my use oil and drop off the limbs, I got gas for the mower too.

I took a pic:

** But Wait!!
It gets better! We get back, put things away and I've been meaning to check the 2 fuses that can control the fuel pump on my 'real' truck. Both of them good, damn. I look at the relay again- I had swapped it for a know good one already from the A/C- the relays are all the same.
I figured WTH? I'll try and start it again.
After about a second, starts right up and idles like a kitten!!
I could have hauled the limbs in the bed! Oh well. Drove it around the block and got it out of my side yard and parked it on the street. Our Pilots, etc. go in the garage.

I'm going to try and be intelligent though and still take the U-haul motorcycle trailer I rented and haul my GSXR1000 in the trailer with the 2008. At 195K miles- still reliable- like a Truck LOL!
Sure nice that you have the 08 Honda TRUCK, er I mean Pilot. It's alway nice to have a reliable vehicle in the fleet. Besides with the Pilot you have a truck with a covered bed. 馃槃

Good luck with that fuel pump.

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Well, The 08 is starting to think it's a Truck! LOL
It's NOT a truck! But with my truck sidelined, a HAD to use my 08 FWD to haul some red maple limbs I trimmed this morning. While I was at the recycle place in my city to deposit my use oil and drop off the limbs, I got gas for the mower too.

I took a pic:

** But Wait!!
It gets better! We get back, put things away and I've been meaning to check the 2 fuses that can control the fuel pump on my 'real' truck. Both of them good, damn. I look at the relay again- I had swapped it for a know good one already from the A/C- the relays are all the same.
I figured WTH? I'll try and start it again.
After about a second, starts right up and idles like a kitten!!
I could have hauled the limbs in the bed! Oh well. Drove it around the block and got it out of my side yard and parked it on the street. Our Pilots, etc. go in the garage.

I'm going to try and be intelligent though and still take the U-haul motorcycle trailer I rented and haul my GSXR1000 in the trailer with the 2008. At 195K miles- still reliable- like a Truck LOL!
Gotta say, that looks like it could have been the "before" picture of a day about to take a turn for the worse, lol.

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sure nice that you have the 08 Honda TRUCK, er I mean Pilot. It's alway nice to have a reliable vehicle in the fleet. Besides with the Pilot you have a truck with a covered bed. 馃槃

Good luck with that fuel pump.
My Dakota had a 'covered bed' too LOL. A 'camper shell'

Reactions: Daltongang

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
** UPdate.
I just checked my reservation for my U-haul Motorcycle trailer.
The Trailers weight?- 800 #'s.
My motorcycle? - 400#'s
Some gear in the trailer? - 200#'s

I'll be fine w/o the extra tranny cooler. Not really any mountains/hill on my routes either.

Registered
** UPdate.
I just checked my reservation for my U-haul Motorcycle trailer.
The Trailers weight?- 800 #'s.
My motorcycle? - 400#'s
Some gear in the trailer? - 200#'s

I'll be fine w/o the extra tranny cooler. Not really any mountains/hill on my routes either.
Yeah, I'd say you're good to go. (y) Have fun.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, my SUV pulled/handled the U-Haul M/C trailer and the trip great!
I'm pretty sure it was about a total of 1400#'s total.

It was also VERY comfortable sleeping a night with the 2nd and 3rd row down and a nice twin bed mattress in there! It got cold too, but I was prepared with a nice low temps rated sleeping bag!

The Pilot cruised like that trailer wasn't even back there! I didn't compute it, but I think it still got about 18mpg going 70 on the Hwy.

I had my own front wheel chock that I used inside the trailer too.

My Track Day went Great too! No problems, I didn't crash, I didn't have to run off the course, etc.
My 'ol 2005 GSX-R1000 performed flawlessly!

Here's my tire after the first few sessions-

Registered
Well, my SUV pulled/handled the U-Haul M/C trailer and the trip great!
I'm pretty sure it was about a total of 1400#'s total.

It was also VERY comfortable sleeping a night with the 2nd and 3rd row down and a nice twin bed mattress in there! It got cold too, but I was prepared with a nice low temps rated sleeping bag!

The Pilot cruised like that trailer wasn't even back there! I didn't compute it, but I think it still got about 18mpg going 70 on the Hwy.

I had my own front wheel chock that I used inside the trailer too.
Looks like you had a great time ! And the multipurpose SUV 馃殭/truck has proven to be valuable alternative to the real truck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You should be running Dunlop (owned by Sumitomo) tires, instead of Bridgestone.
I have run Dunlops, and probably will again!
I was going to post something about Sumitomo's- but I forgot to.
Those are Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21's.

Registered
That dinky thang?

OK, of course you were OK to tow it.

Looks like a fun weekend. (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
OK, my 3rd and 4th Track Days are done too!
Since my 'ol Pick up Truck is running again, nearly bald tires, 259K miles and all, I had the camper shell off and loaded my Motorcycle and the gear for a track day in last Friday and headed over to BlackHawk Farms Raceway in Beloit IL/WI!

A stop at my local grocery store for a 32 x 16.9oz case of water, and some other supplies.
I drank 27 bottles of 16.9 oz water in just under 24 hours out there. It's hot when it's hot out and you're wearing all your gear and working hard on the track too.

My sleeping quarters for Friday and Saturday nights- I slept well, comfy too.

This is my 'Pit' in the Paddock

All packed up ready to go home after a GREAT weekend!

A total of 251.6 Track only miles over 2 days, 15 x 20min sessions

My tire wear, this is after 4 track days

This is my coach for the weekend named Jon- awesome coach!
Me in my gear, it was the lunch break.
I was able to progress to the Intermediate Group during my 3rd Track Day!

Footwear Shoe Plant Sky Tree

I was glad to have no mechanicals, my Pick up Truck, or my GSX-R1000!

Not bad for a 61 y/o old man LOL

Registered
OK, my 3rd and 4th Track Days are done too!
Since my 'ol Pick up Truck is running again, nearly bald tires, 259K miles and all, I had the camper shell off and loaded my Motorcycle and the gear for a track day in last Friday and headed over to BlackHawk Farms Raceway in Beloit IL/WI!

A stop at my local grocery store for a 32 x 16.9oz case of water, and some other supplies.
I drank 27 bottles of 16.9 oz water in just under 24 hours out there. It's hot when it's hot out and you're wearing all your gear and working hard on the track too.

My sleeping quarters for Friday and Saturday nights- I slept well, comfy too.

This is my 'Pit' in the Paddock

All packed up ready to go home after a GREAT weekend!

A total of 251.6 Track only miles over 2 days, 15 x 20min sessions

My tire wear, this is after 4 track days

This is my coach for the weekend named Jon- awesome coach!
Me in my gear, it was the lunch break.
I was able to progress to the Intermediate Group during my 3rd Track Day!

View attachment 152745

I was glad to have no mechanicals, my Pick up Truck, or my GSX-R1000!

Not bad for a 61 y/o old man LOL
Amazing.
So as not to be outdone, by a 61 year old, I bess I getter dig out my roller skates in the closet. 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Amazing.
So as not to be outdone, by a 61 year old, I bess I getter dig out my roller skates in the closet. 馃ぃ
If you do, be careful on those things. Those can be dangerous LOL

Registered
Awesome! Happy for you. Looks like you had a great time.

Those tires, tho...

Registered
Looks like a great time! Glad the Dakota is back up and running and glad you had fun working on your track skills.

Reactions: Nail Grease

Registered
21 - 37 of 37 Posts