Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During cold starts in the winter here in the Northeast, this sounds like the power steering pump

Does this mean its about to give up? When the car is warm, the sound goes away. I changed my PS fluid in the summer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be air in the PS system. Use OEM PS fluid. Could try changing the two inexpensive O-rings before going further
I did use OEM Honda fluid. Which two O-rings? I wish to tackle it myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Get the new orange o-ring. Here's a live video which includes part number.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
Don't post and drive. We want you to be around to post tomorrow, too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all! This should solve the issue, going to the dealer for two O-rings tomorrow (total $3).
My PS reservoir is extremely frothy. Only issue I see is accessing bolt on the the low pressure hose. Can't even see it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the two o rings from the dealership. The high pressure side was obviously a breeze but can’t for the life of me locate where the bolt is for the lower pressure hose.

Any help would be appreciated, I looked and look and don’t even see a bolt anywhere.
Engine is the same as this video but doesn’t show how he took off the bolt

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
Here? Is this what you mean? (I cued it up.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here? Is this what you mean? (I cued it up.)

Nice! Thanks finally got to it. Good thing I have ‘small hands’. Changed out both o rings. Still have a wine noise when cold. I’ll have to drive around for a few days to see if it fixes the issue.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
Nice! Thanks finally got to it. Good thing I have ‘small hands’. Changed out both o rings. Still have a wine noise when cold. I’ll have to drive around for a few days to see if it fixes the issue.
Great! Yeah, you have to turn your wheels end to end several times and drive it around a while to quiet it down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts