Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of our weekend trip on the Rhine near Ruedesheim. Hope you enjoy...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vineyards

The hot summer will make for a great wine this year...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
St. Hildegardis Kloster

A local monestary...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neiderwald Memorial

In the background is the Neiderwald Memorial completed in 1883 for the 1871 unification of Germany. It stands about 120 feet tall and overlooks the Rhine valley...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Niederwald Hunting Palace

Highly recommend the Niederwald Hunting Palace for the night or just for dinner. Had a shoulder cut of venison with blueberry sauce for dinner. Yumm... (www.niederwald.de):4:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Neiderwald Memorial

autobahn said:
In the background is the Neiderwald Memorial completed in 1883 for the 1871 unification of Germany. It stands about 120 feet tall and overlooks the Rhine valley...
Wow!!! Cool pics autobahn!!! Gotta ask - did you have to make any special modifications to get your license plate to fit? It looks to be close to 50% wider than ours here!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Neiderwald Memorial

colorider said:

Wow!!! Cool pics autobahn!!! Gotta ask - did you have to make any special modifications to get your license plate to fit? It looks to be close to 50% wider than ours here!
Nope, I just got a holder from the local Honda dealer and in the front screwed it over the US older. In the rear, the holder went on no problem. They worked well on my Jeep Cherokee before I traded it in, too.

These are the "new" US Military plates. Look European, don't they? On my Accord, I have a smaller European motorcycle plate installed since it will not take the wide plates.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Neiderwald Memorial

autobahn said:

Nope, I just got a holder from the local Honda dealer and in the front screwed it over the US older. In the rear, the holder went on no problem. They worked well on my Jeep Cherokee before I traded it in, too.

These are the "new" US Military plates. Look European, don't they? On my Accord, I have a smaller European motorcycle plate installed since it will not take the wide plates.
Yes, they do look "European" - thought that's what they were actually! You have the option of installing a motorcycle plate on a car?

Anyway - nice pics and thanks for the link to the other thread!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wow!

Thanks for sharing your part of the world. Looks like it is just beautiful there.

Don:2:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Re: Re: Neiderwald Memorial

colorider said:

You have the option of installing a motorcycle plate on a car?
Yep. That is the only size that will fit in the US holder. Ironically, you never see Europeans with them that way so they could have just made them the regular size and it would still serve the same purpose. They are about a half inch shorter on the top and bottom and about and inch off each side. Some US cars have some really ugly metal behind their rear plates that would normally be covered over.

·
Registered
234 Posts
autobahn, Thanks for the great pics. Ah, Ruedesheim. Visited the place about five years ago and those pictures bring back great memories. In fact, I think I still have a bottle of eiswein bought from there sitting around somewhere...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Suddenly driving our Pilot to Northern Michigan seems.........boring!

Great Pics Autobahn!!!!:)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
autobahn: Great pictures... they would look even better with Pilot t-shirts and Pilot baseball caps!!! :7:

Let me know when you receive them... And thanks in advance for the chocolates!!!!!!! :29:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kemosabe said:
autobahn: Great pictures... they would look even better with Pilot t-shirts and Pilot baseball caps!!! :7:

Let me know when you receive them... And thanks in advance for the chocolates!!!!!!! :29:
Just checked the mail room, got 3 boxes, but none from kemosabe. Maybe the Lone Ranger Express will bring my box tomorrow. :2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts