1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
423 Posts
They sound great. But, how many people have had their license plates destroyed?? I never have, maybe because I don't put the front one on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've looked at these and wondered about their construction. I think one with a black frame on the back of our TW EX-L would look great.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have also noticed with these, that after a while... the plastic gets dirty and worn, making the license plate difficult to read.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Worn frames

Have also noticed with these, that after a while... the plastic gets dirty and worn, making the license plate difficult to read.
In my experience, some do, some don't...and if it happens, it typically takes a few years. That's why I go for the $3.96 Wal-Mart version...no big deal if you have to toss it & replace it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
In some states (New York being one of them) it is illegal to use the plastic covers over your license plates like the WeatherTech's. I have the Weathertech license plate frames and they're very well built. Look good too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
They are also illegal in PA, I found that out the hard way....

The officer mentioned that even clear ones are not allowed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Go Lions!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback gang! I think I'm going to give the WeatherTech plates a try from the mostly positive feedback here.

I've spent so much money on those cheap plate covers that I could have bought some WeatherTech plates by now. The cheap brands never last more than a few months for me before they crack from a rock or some other means.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Brian said:
In some states (New York being one of them) it is illegal to use the plastic covers over your license plates like the WeatherTech's. I have the Weathertech license plate frames and they're very well built. Look good too.
I didn't know this about NY. I moved up from Texas 4 years ago and have been using them on my vehicle. Nobody has ever said they were illegal - including the cop that nearby.

Anyway, now that I know I will have to remove them. The dealer gave us cheap holders that said "I love Ralph Honda" - which I don't.

For other NY residents, here is the law:

Under Section 402 (1) of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law, you cannot put any glass or plastic material over your plates. You must keep your plates clean and clear, so they can be read easily. You cannot block the view of your plates with a part of your vehicle or another item. For example, you cannot use a license plate frame that covers any information on the plate.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I found out about the NYS law when my sister got a ticket for having the plastic frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts