Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that these actually cover more than the Honda originals. Now my question is....which one is it? Is it the Classic Premium Rubber mats? And does the 2nd row mats a one piece or 2? Which ones for 3rd row?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Alamat said:
I read that these actually cover more than the Honda originals. Now my question is....which one is it? Is it the Classic Premium Rubber mats? And does the 2nd row mats a one piece or 2? Which ones for 3rd row?
It is the classic premium all weather rubber mats. Mine are tan. 2nd row mat comes in 2 pieces but overlaps and fits in a groove so it appears as one piece. Weather tech does not make a mat to fit 3rd row. Look on www.weathertech.com. They also offer a matching cargo mat. I've used thes all weather mats in 2 CRVs prior to putting them in our Pilot. Have loved them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can order a second set of 2nd row mats to place in the third row of your Pilot. The 2nd row mats are "fit to trim", meaning that you can trim access pieces for a custom fit to your interior. The front mats fit quite well and do cover the dead pedal in the driver area.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just installed the gray mats in my Pilot the other night (xmas present). The fit is not all that bad, even covers the dead pedal. I did have to trim the rear ones. Now they look custom because I cut out a spot for the back of the center console.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd like to see a picture of these. The dead pedal is becoming a dead area on my Pilot and I don't like it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the front and 2 sets of rear ones. I hope to get them soon as another snow storm is on its way.

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies....and I will take pics onceI got them in for ur scrutiny.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pic as promised....
Driver's side covers the dead pedal.....

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Alamat:

It looks like you didn't trip the driver mat for the dead peddle. Did you do any trimming for the passenger side? I did for both and I'm not sure I really care for how they look.

On the driver side, I took a small column out so that the mat would lay flat on both the dead peddle and brake area (small gap in mat).

On the passenger side, I ended up with a blocking looking upper right corner area because of the way the passenger area curves due to the wheel well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not trim the front mats. In fact I wished they were a tad bit bigger so it would cover the whole area on the sides. The raised dead pedal didn't actually pose a problem as the weight of the mat kept it on that site and the adjacent brake pedal area.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah... I've decided that I don't like the job I did so I've ordered another set for the front. I'm going to move the current set to my old truck were I don't care what the mats look like or if they fit properly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Husky Liners

IMHO, the Husky Liners are a much better product. I've been using these liners on one of our vehicles and it does a great job of catching the muck that passengers inadvertently bring with them to the vehicle. The liners have a lip that prevents spillover.

The only drawback is that it may need to be emptied more frequently than floor mats and that it can get slippery at times. But, it have saved me an enormous amount of time and money with cleanups. The carpet of the vehicle still looks brand new.

For more info, check Husky Liners. They also carry Floor Mats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts