Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about purchasing a Weather Tech cargo area protector/mat for my 06 pilot and was wondering if the cargo net can be used while the WT mat is in place. I viewed some of the pictures on line and it appears as though the lower hooks are covered up by the mat when it is in place.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Lower hooks are covered.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know of another cargo mat product that is up to Weather Tech standards where the lower cargo net hooks are not covered? It would be nice to have the cargo area protected as well as the ability to use the cargo net at the same time.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Honda's brand is similar to WT, more flexible fit is fine. Either one is flexible enough to access the lower tie-down clips. I secure dog crates with ratchet straps using lower attachment points with Honda tray in place. Also have a Husky Brand tray that also works although it was designed for a 2001 Suburban.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I eventually went with the Weather Tech cargo mat and have been very happy with its durability and quality. I also purchased the front mats for my Pilot and love them. I bought them from Advance Auto (yes AA carries them now) with a coupon and speed perks rewards discount. WT is never on sale from what I have seen and I got them for $72 after discounts were applied, both driver and passenger mats. The original price for the pair was 129.00!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm on the fence as to which front, 2nd & 3rd row mats to go with. I see Weather Tech and Maxliner (I think) seem to be the most popular/talked about.

Don't need cargo mat since I went with the Honda OEM folding cargo mat.

Edit, 5/31/18:
Pulled the trigger on the Maxliner, 3 row set, set at $188 .97 + tax = $202.67

Extra cost on Weathertech was a little over the top for my personal use :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts