Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can remember stopping by our local Honda dealer in late January and asking for our name to be put on a list for a new Honda Pilot. The sales manager was confused, "A Honda what?"

After some small talk and photos, he agreed that we would be the first to own a new Honda Pilot. We wanted the Starlight Silver and Leather. No DVD, as we have no kids and can entertain folks while traveling. No NAV, although during these trips it would have been so damn nice!

So came the day. . .late May. The very last day of May in fact when the dealer called and said, "your Pilot has arrived." I drove over with nearly the amount of anticipation of when I first picked up the S2000. The Pilot was everything we wanted and even more, everything we expected.

New Bern to Miami, Florida 2178 total mileage from trip.

We now have a little more then 8k miles on her (affectionately called) and the Pilot has been awesome. About 3 weeks ago, we took a week vacation in Miami and the Pilot handled all of 95 South with comfort and ease. Cruising at times well above 90mph! With the craziness of Miami drivers, the Pilot was calm and predictable. Whether we were at The Collection viewing the world-class riches of Ferrari and Aston Martin, on the stretch at South Beach or on Calle Ocho grabbing a Espresso, the Pilot was at home.

New Bern to Fishkill, New York and New York City 1904 total mileage from trip.

Then came the ultimate test for the Pilot. The drive from New Bern to Bear Mountain, New York. Although it was a shorter trip, compared to Miami, it would include the Pilot towing the S2000 all the way. I had the towing package installed and let me tell you, the Pilot handles like a dream! Very predictable and no issues (NONE) with towing the S2000. The Pilot's brakes and steering handles exceptionally well. What an awesome machine! Even with the tow dolly and S2000, we still averaged 70+mph on 95.

After our annual S2000 event in Fishkill, we left the S2000 and trailer with a friend and took the Pilot to New York City!

WAIT! My wife ends up breaking her foot during the S2000 drive and we have to drive the Pilot over to the local hospital. All went well and only after 6 hours of waiting in the ER, she leaves with a splint.:rolleyes:

The Pilot handled the streets of New York with precision and ease. We navigated our way throughout the city of New York easily. From Chinatown and Little Italy, to Times Square and Rockefeller Center and even Ground Zero.:( My wife was born and raised on Long Island and I was born in Jersey so we have always had a love for the City of New York.

It was a great trip. We were in the audience for David Letterman's Late Show on Tuesday and on Friday morning, we waited in the cold rain for Bon Jovi to kick off his concert at Rockefeller Center! I took our entire family (9 folks) in the Pilot from New Jersey to New York for dinner. I'm not going to lie and say it was comfortable but it was surprisingly doable. Once in New York, my cousin was leaving by Subway for a party over at a friends college, so we returned to New Jersey with 8 folks total and much more comfortable.

Some shots from the Pilot. . .

The Naked Cowboy. This guy has been on the corner here for quite awhile. He sings songs with his guitar all day and collects tips in his boots. I wanted to get a shot of the Pilot but the traffic cops here in Times Square are relentless. Visit his site for more info www.nakedcowboy.com It's a trip!

All in all, we really love the Pilot. During our trip up to New York, we garnered lots of looks and even a few "thumbs up" from Odyssey drivers and MDX drivers. Not to mention a few S2000 folks and Accord drivers.

My uncle and his wife are now considering a Pilot, hmmmmmm.:cool:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Great pics! Bear Mountain??? Got any pictures of it?
We used to live right across the Hudson in upper Westchester County. Bear Mountain is a beautiful area...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Wow! What a great trip! Love the pics! So how's the wifes foot after all that? Bummer...:(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
havasu said:
Great pics! Bear Mountain??? Got any pictures of it?
Bear Mountain is a beautiful area...
Absolutely!:D Bear Mountain is awesome! The roads leading to it are schweeet as well!:p

If you really look into this one, you can actually see the New York City skyline!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sage said:
Wow! What a great trip! Love the pics! So how's the wifes foot after all that? Bummer...:(
Thanks!:) My wife is doing well. The hospital in New York put her foot in a splint and could not cast it. This was a good thing, in some respect as we visited a family doctor who cast her foot very well and had her much more comfortable with no pain and the ability to start walking again the very next day! Amazing.

Three weeks from now, she'll be good as new!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gorgeous pics, airgate!! Glad to hear that you had a great time and I have to tell you that I absolutely love BOTH of your cars--of course, I am partial to silver Pilots (note the signature), but I am also loving that S2000. When my kids are all grown and gone (and I'll be pushing 60 by then:eek: ), I'm gettin' me one of those!! Of course, Naked Cowboy isn't too bad either, maybe I'll get me one of those, too!!:whip:

Just kidding (I think)!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great pics.

I work in the times square area but never notice the naked cowboy.
Sometimes tourist know more about nyc than us new yorkers.

BTW which part of Bear mountain did you go and do you have any infos on to-dos.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I work on Broadway in Times Square, and hear the Naked Cowboy singing his song more than I would like. I have heard from reliable sources that he makes $500 a day out there. Not too shabby, considering he does not have to spend too much on a wardrobe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts