Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, only 3 months and we have just hit 10,000 posts. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone on achieving this milestone. Let's keep on growing, and keep on rockin'!

Now a milestone wouldn't be a milestone without a <b>prize</b>. So, I would like ask you to nominate a member, someone who you think brings the most knowledge, integrity and willingness to help a fellow member, to our community. Basically, a true Piloteer.

And what's the prize you ask? Well, it's a choice of Cargo Tray or Nose Mask, courtesy of Hondacuraworld.com

Here is how it's going to work. Reply to this post with a nominee. If the nominee has already been entered, don't do anything. After 1 day, I will set up a poll with the nominees. We'll wait a day or two so everyone gets a chance to cast his/her vote. The winner will be announced on Friday.

I will start this off by nominating <b>PrG</b> - he's been with us from the beginning, and thus far, participated the most.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Woo Hooo !!

But, there are many more who have been super on the forum ... Just off the top of my head ...

03pilot
banningjr
soapplant
threadhead

etc.etc.

PrG

·
Registered
389 Posts
Two members come to mind during my late night delivery of my Pilot (URGENT! Need HELP NOW!...ring a bell). Copperpoppy & Xyzzy, kept my sanity in check during my paranoid moments not to mention just laugh and learn through the whole ordeal.

I like to nominate both Copperpoppy & Xyzzy as the ultimate Piloteer!

I have also found Autobahn's post very helpful and informative, so pencil him in also for ultimate Piloteer.:)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I vote for PrG.

He knows his stuff and is very helpful.

·
Registered
900 Posts
10,000 posts

How does the growth of this forum compare to acuramdx.org?
I see their total is up to 72,688

·
Registered
919 Posts
Thanks for the gesture Vegasdude. It was an interesting evening. I don't think I've ever had so much excitement about someone else getting a car before that night.

I would second the vote for Autobahn. I think his insightful and encouraging posts are what this forum are all about. There are plenty of others who have been helpful, but Autobahn stands above the crowd in my opinion.

Chris

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: 10,000 posts

havasu said:
How does the growth of this forum compare to acuramdx.org?
I see their total is up to 72,688
acuramdx.org was started in Nov. 2000. honda-pilot.org was started in June 2002. So according to my calculations:
Average monthly posts for acuramdx: 3,461
Average montly posts for hondapilot: 3,333

This is very imressive, since this site has only been around for 3 months.

Regards,
admin.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
:18: We ROCK!:18:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I nominate PrG

Posts are informative w/ a touch of humor. Plus he's the only one I can think of that's been through 2 Pilots.

·
Registered
698 Posts
vegasdude said:
I like to nominate both Copperpoppy & Xyzzy as the ultimate Piloteer!
(laughing) I agree with Xyzzy ... that night WAS a blast. You were so sweet and you let us share in your excitement. How cool. I think the three of us will always have a bond after that evening. But, that's what makes this forum a "family." One for all, all for one. Kinda like the 800 Musketeers but with really great vehicles.

As for who would be the Ultimate Piloteer ... I don't believe there is one. We are all here to learn, share and help at the same time and I do not know what I would do without the help from my friends - Threadhead, Autobahn, Tony, xyzzy, PrG, SandPilot, VegasDude, etc.

There is no one person though, who stretches out his hand more than the rest to make people feel comfortable and at ease here - everyone does. There are over 10 different people on this forum who I think fit the bill, so I will have to abstain from voting here since it would be impossible to decide who is the ultimate piloteer.

Just my two cents,
CopperPoppy

·
Registered
509 Posts
PrG said:
Woo Hooo !!

But, there are many more who have been super on the forum ... Just off the top of my head ...

03pilot
banningjr
soapplant
threadhead

etc.etc.

PrG
Hey PrG, thanks for the props! Glad to have my name associated in with this group of great posters. Hopefully I'll be able to make more of a tangible contribution when I actually get my Pilot!

:19:

Daniel, just out of curiosity, any idea which member made the distinguished 10,000 th post?

·
Registered
36 Posts
This site is great and I am totally addicted! Thanks for everyone's input and I can only hope to contribute more myself. My vote for a special award goes to PrG for posting the first car show ladies to the site!

-Newt:2:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wow, I almost did not read this forum. Glad I did. Thanks for the nominations. My first pick, if only one, would be PrG. Everyone has been great and informative.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
How about everyone gets a free something !?

All in favor .. say WOO HOOO !

PrG

·
Registered
509 Posts
PrG said:
How about everyone gets a free something !?

All in favor .. say WOO HOOO !

PrG
WOO HOOO ! :18:

·
Registered
30 Posts
PrG's prize ... he gets to show pilot/mdx owners all the sights in Hawaii, in his pilot of course :D :D . We'll even take care of our own airfare.

:7:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Surf's up !!!

PILOT is ready to go ...

;)

PrG

1 - 20 of 36 Posts