Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas on the best way to get wax stains off the trim of the Pilot. I used Meguiars a couple weeks ago and have since noticed spots where I got it on the trim.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Unfortunately the best way is to actually prevent them in the first place by using one of the many trim detail cleaners available. These same cleaners (I use Meguiar's Natural Shine) may also help with the existing spots, but I haven't tried it myself.

Also, I do like your handle of "UKWildcat", but isn't that a punishable offense in Volunteer country?

Chris

·
Registered
385 Posts
used a product the other day "Back to Black". Worked great, and simple to use. I believe McGuiars makes it...red bottle, cheap.
correction: Mother's makes it

·
Registered
465 Posts
I did it too. Waxed a couple of weeks ago, and the white haze just showed up yesterday. I am going to put Mother's back to black on it as soon as it stops raining.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Chris, I have had to watch my back quite a bit here, especially when I went to Neyland Stadium 3 weeks ago all decked out in my blue, Wildcat stuff. Needless to say, I stuck out like a sore thumb. Funny thing though, most Volunteers have been eerily quiet this week for some reason!:D

·
Registered
494 Posts
davemac,
Does the "Back to Black" work on Gray? :confused:

The rear step and Side door moldings are Gray on the LX model.

·
Registered
900 Posts
ukwildcat said:
I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas on the best way to get wax stains off the trim of the Pilot. I used Meguiars a couple weeks ago and have since noticed spots where I got it on the trim.
Hey, welcome ukwildcat! Greetings from Lexington, KY.
Have you added your VIN to the table? Click on link in my signature
below. We have several members from Kentucky. More is better.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Tony, per the Mother's "Back to Black" bottle, product is safe and works on any color trim. Removes oxidization and wax residue. "Need not be black" to work.
I used it on my Passat, which I have been waxing with Meguiars all along. Its simple, fast, and cheap. As stated earlier, results were fine.
I got onboard the "Zaino program" with the Pilot. While I enjoy the final result, the lack of residue is the primary appeal to me- as the residue is so unsightly on a black vehicle. I did learn a good trick, and that is to buy a cheap 2"-3" paint brush from any hardware store, and cut the bristles back so only about 3/4" long. Works great at getting residue out of cracks.
But as for the stain left on trim... thats where the "Back to Black" comes in.
Good luck

·
Registered
494 Posts
TheWorm,

With or without jelly.:2: What kind of bread works the best?:21:

Does that really work?:confused:

davemac,
Thanks I'll try it.

Maybe I'll try the peanut butter thing.;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't qualify for the peanut butter trick...the dog would constantly be leaving saliva all over the vehicle.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts