Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '06 and earlier this year I noticed the floor was fairly wet on the passenger side. I dried it and chocked it up to something my wife spilled (always blame the spouse first...ha!).

Today it was wet again, but this time it was wet UNDER a book bag. I googled it and determined it was originating from under the carpet.

I lifted it and dried it. It was quite wet. It's only on the lower carpet, not the firewall carpet. I assumed it was the grommet leaking in the wheel well like many have posted about (I don't actually know where that comes into the cabin though). On a whim though I checked the driver's side. Sure enough, it was wet under the mat, just not wet enough to soak into the floor mat.

It has been raining a lot here lately (Oregon) and it was raining when I noticed it last.

Is it likely that BOTH sides failed or is it more likely that there was so much water on the passenger side that it migrated to the driver's side?

What other things should I consider, besides selling it. ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pinched the nipple and it was dry. I fished it with a coat hanger and it was open. I found the front drain and was able to get into it about 8 to 10 inches. I bottomed out then, but the best I can see, it appears to curve. I'm assuming a clog would be distal due to road debris and not way inside the line. Is that the case? If not, I'll have to get jacks or ramps to work around the curve.

This may be unrelated, but it does gurgle, and the heating has seemed a little inconsistent. When the defrost is on it still feels warm at 64. The coolant is full.

What next? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Yes, probably distal, and for using that word I'll assume you're a dentist or other type of physician, lol. You could always try to go in farther, but if nothing comes out, it might be time to start looking at other causes.

• Have you recently changed your cabin air filter and cleaned out the area?
  • Moonroof drain.
  • Body seam welds behind the wheel well.
  • Ever had your windshield replaced?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned the cabin filter and fan during the summer. The windshield has not been replaced.

I need to check the moonroof drain. I'm hoping it's not, but afraid it is the body seam and/or the side light wiring harness grommet. :(

And yes...optometrist. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts