Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pilot has about 4800 miles on it and recently, after a rain I noticed a "water slushing" sound coming from the front end, in front of the radio column. I have an idea that the drainage holes underneath the wipers is somehow plugged up? Does anyone have an idea what it might be. I thought it might be a problem with the air conditioning evaporator?

Would like some help so the dealer doesn't think I am crazy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I most often associate water sloshing sounds with AC condensation. Not sure about the Pilot ... but usually it drains out through a little flap in the fire-wall covering ... and sometimes that flap doesn't get cut all the way through (or gets caked over). Condensation builds up ... and you get a sloshing/gurgling sound.

Does anyone know where the Pilot's AC condensation drains?

However, if this sound is ONLY happening after rainstorms ... you might want to check the drainage areas between the window and hood. Spray/pour some water in there and see that it all drains away (sometimes leaves/pine needles/etc. get trapped in there).

Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sloshing sound

Thank you very much for your comeback. I have an idea something is plugged up, but have no idea as to where to look!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts