Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I locate the source location of this water entering main cabin? has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
Take your garden hose and start at the lowest point of the Pilot. Spray and check for water intrusion. If not detected spray higher up on the Pilot. Repeat until you determine where the water is coming in.

Depending on what year your Pilot is, some have reported the front mud flap drain hole can get clogged up which allows water to leak into the cabin.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
Also peel back the carpet in the area of the leak and look for telltale signs of where the entry point is located. You’ll probably see dried water streaks.

The issue could also be the front evaporator core is clogged and needs to be drained. There should be a drain hose located on the engine side of the firewall.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,644 Posts
Simple fix to a simple problem, (Most of the time). Get the car in the air, preferable on a car hoist. Under the vehicle in the dash area look for a tube or hose that points down with nothing to attach too. That will be your AC condensation drain hose. It's probably clogged, spider built a web, wet dust or debris that dried in it etc. Take a compressor hose with a blower nozzle attached and shoot a good long stream of air up that hose. Expect some splash over onto the already wet carpet, then stand out of the way as the water in the under dash drain pan flows out where it belongs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How do I locate the source location of this water entering main cabin? has anyone else experienced this?
I don't know about Honda but on several of my old cars that is where the heater core is located or where there may be a rubber heater hose. If it is the heater core then you should smell the sweet smell of anti-freeze. If the window was replaced or there is rot at the bottom of the window then water could be getting in past the seal. Check the bottom of the door and look for the drain holes. These must not be plugged. Any water getting in past the window's rubber seal go down into the door. Moving the door back and forth you will hear the water sloshing inside. I had one car that the rubber seal around the door actually blocked the drain hole when the door was shut. I opened the door and pried the rubber seal away from the metal door and the water poured out. Maybe the water comes out the doors's inner panel and onto the floor. Since the passenger door is not opened as much as the driver's door we only had the problem in the passenger door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts