Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that water does not drain well from the body of the Pilot? We've had some rain recently and I've noticed a lot of water dripping from the body up to 24 hours later. The day after driving in the rain when backing out of my sloped driveway a large amount water drips out. This seems to me a big potential rust problem especially with salted roads in the winter that we have here. I haven't tracked the exact location of the accumulated water yet.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Are you sure it's not the condensation from the air conditioner?

Chris

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I think you may seeing the water condensation from the AC ... It is pretty excessive, but the AC kicks butt ...

PrG

·
Registered
128 Posts
A coat of Zaino will solve that problem. Water will just rolls off your Pilot.

The air conditioner is another story - Don't Zaino your air conditioner!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
494 Posts
dsmith,
Check out my pictures in Arizona Monsoon Season

My Pilot was soaked in water, from the rain and from the flood.
On the next day, the Pilot was fine. No drips of water or puddles.

I believe xyzzy and PrG are right. It's the condensation from the Air Conditioner. Which is normal, especially under humid conditions.
:4:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not the AC

I've seen the water condensation from the A/C. That was located closer to the center of the vehicle. This dripping the day after the rain was located on both sides about tire width. I'll keep my eye on it and see if I can track it down any further.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Not the AC

dsmith said:
I've seen the water condensation from the A/C. That was located closer to the center of the vehicle. This dripping the day after the rain was located on both sides about tire width. I'll keep my eye on it and see if I can track it down any further.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone notice A/C condensation coming from 2 spots - 1 towards the front and 1 towards the center? I noticed it right after we brought ours home and was installing the running boards. Was a little concerned at first, but then drove out to get some lunch and came back and both spots were dry.

I thought I read somewhere that the A/C actually has 2 seperate condensers - one in the front under the passenger side of the dash, and 1 underneath the center console for the rear A/C. If that's the case, then 2 drips would seem logical?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Re: Re: Not the AC

SoapPlant said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone notice A/C condensation coming from 2 spots - 1 towards the front and 1 towards the center? I noticed it right after we brought ours home and was installing the running boards. Was a little concerned at first, but then drove out to get some lunch and came back and both spots were dry.

I thought I read somewhere that the A/C actually has 2 seperate condensers - one in the front under the passenger side of the dash, and 1 underneath the center console for the rear A/C. If that's the case, then 2 drips would seem logical?
Yes, I have two water spots and I've heard the same explaination.

Chris

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not A/c condensation

DSMITH is right I noticed every time I wash it, Always when I open the gate after few hours a lot of water is coming around the gate gasket not inside but out side, also on the edges of the rear window after you washed or rain water still there check out. also on the doors.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Water not draining from roof

I noticed water dripping the edges of the rear window after washing and drying the Pilot.
It rained here for couple of hours today. The water poured down from the roof when I backed the car after the rains had stopped. Seems the roof is not sloped to drain the water.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Drain

There is a service bullitin somewhere in here about plugging the freight holes in the frame. Check it out, It shows the location of the holes. Supposed to be done at the dealer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Drain

lamuncha said:
There is a service bullitin somewhere in here about plugging the freight holes in the frame. Check it out, It shows the location of the holes. Supposed to be done at the dealer.
Anyone have a link to the bulletin?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts