Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that after a rain or a car wash, the inside door sills will typically have standing water on them? The water accumulates on and around the plastic door sill guard.

I'm not sure whether water is getting past the door seals or maybe water is simply being deposited there from the bottom of the door edge when I open the door.

My worry is that with Chicago's wet winters, there's gonna be a lot of water standing on the sills and leading to potential rust.

Thoughts?

ammdaddy

·
Registered
964 Posts
ammdaddy, I've noticed water hanging out on the door sills and even at the base of the glass in the rear side windows. I have only noticed after washing my Pilot. I too am concerned with having that water just sitting there when the Pilot is parked. I don't know if it will actually cause damage though. I'll be interested to hear what others think.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I thought it was my imagination. Every time I wash my Pilot, there are drops of water on all the sills.

:eek:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've heard of using a leaf blower on those little nooks and cranies to get all the water off. Haven't done it myself though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
that's clever. Think that would work on the entire car?
I know my neighbor would like it next sunday morn.

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey guys. i did'nt think this was a big problem until i noticed that the edge of where the plastic door sill (the little one that always has water after a wash) meets the body is starting to rust on my 03 silver pilot with 41,000km's. goina ask the dealers what to do about it but i just do'nt think they'll care? there's rust spots (orange with paint chips) on both the driver and pass door sill areas. i'm betting the chips are caused by just getting in and out of the car and having little rocks there from shoes or soething and then the shutting of the door probly caused the chipped paint. after a while it just started to rust :( arggggg

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Over 70,000 km here on a 2003 and no rust

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just noticed on my 03 there is rust starting from under both rear door sill plates.Anyone else have this problem?I am going to take the sill plates off and see what they look like underneath.
Paul

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi, i have an 04 pilot and i also have the same problem with the water sitting in the rear door sills from day one of ownership of the pilot. I have gotten the pilot into the dealership and they said it was the weatherstrip. They had the weatherstrip adjusted and still the same problem.

·
Registered
737 Posts
In case you didn't know, most car doors are a "wet" design, meaning that water actually travels through the inside of the door, by design. The window seal is designed to act like a wiper, not be a weathertight seal. What you may be seeing is water landing on the door sill after traveling through the inside of the door. It should not be on the interior side of the door sill, however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts