Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 180k miles. For the last 5 years ive been having a lot of water leaking from under the car, ever since I replaced the radiator. I can see a trail in the street and driveway every time I come home. No problems so I never worried about it, initially contributed to the AC, but it persisted through winters too.

Last week I walked outside and there was a large puddle under the vehicle with an slight odor of AF. My reservoir was bone dry. No AF on hand I threw some water in there and went to go pick some up, refilled.

The leak remains, moderate size puddle today but reservoir is holding. Just change my oil and noticed I have, right in the area of the oil filter (about 10-12" south), a hose just hanging out that is about 8" long and is the source of the leak. The doesn't seem to connect anywhere that I can tell. Its short, I pulled it all directions and it just doesn't match up. Smooth so it def wasn't ripped or cut.

Any ideas? Is this water leaking an issue? Is the dangling hose by design?

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
08 180k miles. For the last 5 years ive been having a lot of water leaking from under the car, ever since I replaced the radiator. I can see a trail in the street and driveway every time I come home. No problems so I never worried about it, initially contributed to the AC, but it persisted through winters too.

Last week I walked outside and there was a large puddle under the vehicle with an slight odor of AF. My reservoir was bone dry. No AF on hand I threw some water in there and went to go pick some up, refilled.

The leak remains, moderate size puddle today but reservoir is holding. Just change my oil and noticed I have, right in the area of the oil filter (about 10-12" south), a hose just hanging out that is about 8" long and is the source of the leak. The doesn't seem to connect anywhere that I can tell. Its short, I pulled it all directions and it just doesn't match up. Smooth so it def wasn't ripped or cut.

Any ideas? Is this water leaking an issue? Is the dangling hose by design?
A picture of what you do see may help us determine what it is. There is a drain hose for AC condensation.

·
Registered
846 Posts
While underneath taking pics, a good flashlight will help with looking around elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
One approx 1/2” O.D. diameter hose on that side of the Pilot connects the radiator to the coolant reservoir. If you can smell AF then that may be your clue to search for dry crusty coolant. Perhaps that 5yr old radiator got damaged or sprung a leak. Simple sources of leak is what you hope for i.e: hoses, thermostat, radiator. Complex sources is not what you want.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
Perhaps that 5yr old radiator got damaged or sprung a leak.
It happened to me. Previous owner had radiator changed for a mystery model. When it sprung a leak last year, I changed it for a Denso from Rockauto.

Did you DIY? Whether or not you did, were the hoses replaced, too? How about the thermostat? Check your connections and around hose claps as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts