Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets get this thing kickin again.

Can we keep the non DC/MD people out :2: ?

hehe just kidding we lub you all

:7: :7: :7: :7: :7: :7: :7: :7:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Are you guys ready for another snow storm on Wed/Thu? What are Bob Ryan, Topper, and Doug Hill calling for accumulation???

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Note to Marylanders (and our DC/VA neighbors): MORE snow headed our way on Thursday (2-27)!!!

I'm getting tired of taking my silver "baby" through the Touchless Carwash just to end up with another salt/sand/snow mess a day or two later! :3: At least the silver color has helped disguise the fact that "baby" just can't stay clean.

The good news is, the previous snowstorms have put our Pilots to the test, and I haven't heard anyone complain about the AWD performance.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:
Are you guys ready for another snow storm on Wed/Thu? What are Bob Ryan, Topper, and Doug Hill calling for accumulation???
I've noticed that most forecasters take the CYA route when it comes to accumulations. They just say "flurries, light, or heavy snow," or snow for such-and-such length of time with "more" or "less" accumulation wherever. Chickens!

(Actually, I appreciate that meteorology is an inexact science and the poor weather people just don't want to go on record as to inches predicted and then inevitably have to deal with pissed off people!)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Touchless Car washes in area

Ziploc said:
Note to Marylanders (and our DC/VA neighbors): MORE snow headed our way on Thursday (2-27)!!!

I'm getting tired of taking my silver "baby" through the Touchless Carwash just to end up with another salt/sand/snow mess a day or two later! :3: At least the silver color has helped disguise the fact that "baby" just can't stay clean.

The good news is, the previous snowstorms have put our Pilots to the test, and I haven't heard anyone complain about the AWD performance.
Where is your touchless carwash? The only two I know of are in Clinton and B'More. Can anyone add to the list?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Touchless Car washes in area

tledjazz said:

Where is your touchless carwash? The only two I know of are in Clinton and B'More. Can anyone add to the list?
The one I use is at the Exxon station on Rt. 355 - Frederick Rd. (near intersection with Rt. 27- Father Hurley Blvd) in Germantown. Unfortunately, a bit of a hike from D.C.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Touchless Car washes in area

tledjazz said:

Do you mean "full service" touchless (where they acutally have guys with towels dry your car, or the so-called touchless ones at the gas station? The touchless ones at the gas station are a dime-a-dozen (at least in G-Town)...

·
Registered
33 Posts
To those in the Arlington area, there is a brushless wash service called Mr. Wash off of Glebe Rd, close to Rt. 50. They wash, wax, do windows inside and out, vacuum, and dry, for about $16. I didn't find out about this until a few weeks ago but Browns Honda in Arlington will wash and vacuum the interior for I believe $14.99. Don't know if it's limited to those that bought their Pilot there (I did) but one of guys there told me that during the wash process, they actually "suck out" the salt from the exterior. Don't know how true this is but it sure sounds good for $14.99!

How 'bout dem Terps! Beat up on poor Clemson tonight by 39. I'm figuring them for an Elite Eight team this year. Hopefully.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Touchless Car washes in area

Ziploc said:

The one I use is at the Exxon station on Rt. 355 - Frederick Rd. (near intersection with Rt. 27- Father Hurley Blvd) in Germantown. Unfortunately, a bit of a hike from D.C.
Yup! I know where that one is! Right across from the Mickey D's!!!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
esaydam said:

[ S N I P P E D]

How 'bout dem Terps! Beat up on poor Clemson tonight by 39. I'm figuring them for an Elite Eight team this year. Hopefully.
2002 NCAA Champions!!! (that's the alumni in me speaking...)

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: Re: Touchless Car washes in area

kemosabe said:

Do you mean "full service" touchless (where they acutally have guys with towels dry your car, or the so-called touchless ones at the gas station? The touchless ones at the gas station are a dime-a-dozen (at least in G-Town)...
Washworks in Baltimore is full service, and very nice. The one in Clinton is self serve. It's the closest one I've found to my home in Columbia Hgts, Northwest. It's still a little far to drive for a carwash. I do it myself when weather permits. Otherwise I breakdown and take her to Mr Wash on 13th St. @ Logan Circle when I'm in a hurry.

Oh, and while we're bragging on our schools...

P-I-T-T Pitt, Pitt, Pitt! See yenzs @ the Final Four!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use the touchless auto ones at the gas stations. I wish I could wash my poor Pilot myself.

YEAAAA!! they now say 1-2 inches today and another 2-4 tonight.
soo tired of snow

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds like a glut of touchless washes to the north. Wish they'd put one in the District.

More snow? Sooooooo not funny anymore.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Touchless Car washes in area

tledjazz said:

Washworks in Baltimore is full service, and very nice. The one in Clinton is self serve. It's the closest one I've found to my home in Columbia Hgts, Northwest. It's still a little far to drive for a carwash. I do it myself when weather permits. Otherwise I breakdown and take her to Mr Wash on 13th St. @ Logan Circle when I'm in a hurry.

Oh, and while we're bragging on our schools...

[ I M A G E S N I P P E D ]

P-I-T-T Pitt, Pitt, Pitt! See yenzs @ the Final Four!
Hey tledjazz... if you're in NW D.C., just drive straight up 16th Street until you hit Georgia Avenue -- hand a left on GA and less than a mile on GA, there is a full service car wash that I've used in the past (early 90's to be exact).

G-town has a full-serve (Capital Car Wash) and a self-serve (Flagship) along with several gas stations with the touchless.

Yup!! See ya in late March!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I heard 6-12 when it stops Friday night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts