Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an ‘05 EX with 210k miles that needs a new transmission per the tech. He said car not worth price to fix and I should sell or salvage. Can’t get much for it if I salvage and want to sell it to someone capable of repairing and using/selling car. Can anyone help me with what I can ask for the car as-is? I’m not really a car person so sorry if I left any information out. But just asks and I will respond. Thanks

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
Look on Craigslist to determine what a functioning Pilot of your year and mileage lists for. Take a couple thousand, up to half, off the average listing price and list it as a mechanics special. If nobody contacts you within a couple weeks drop the price by $500 and try again.

Reactions: Heidiseek

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Parting it out may be an option, but I am not sure about Pilot parts market. Maximas are way better to part out than try to sell: too many [censored] street-race them.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have read some reports where Lucas Transmission Fix has helped, may be worth investigating but it sounds like it may be too late for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts