Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came out to the parking lot after a doctor's appointment and noticed another Pilot parked right next to mine that was the same color. I've never seen two Pilots side by side from this angle before and I thought the one on the right was newer than mine. (mine's on the left - a 2012)

I think the one on the right is a 2011. But compared to mine, the styling looks closer to 3rd gen. Mine looks more boxy in comparison. To me it looks like the one on the right slopes down a little more in the back roofline than mine, and mine is straight and more boxy and shorter. Optical illusion? I didn't see a trim level badge on the other car's tailgate. I've always liked the 2012 over the 2011 looking at the front and back but never compared them from the side before. Mine looks plain jane in comparison.

Is the one on the right newer or older than mine? Is it a 2011 or older? Do I need to get one now? Oh noooo.:eek:

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
Photo?

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
The one on the right is a 1.5 gen...

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
It’s a car....not a truck.
Do they look particularly good? Meh.
Are they highly functional, relatively comfortable and versatile? Yes.
Honda reliability and decent power make it a good choice regardless of the year.
Would I have preferred a V8 4Runner? 1000x yes.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
1.5? Like my 08 Pilot? My 08 SE Looks like that.
The concept hasn't been real popular on this forum but every other forum I've been on designates a major facelift (like the '12 Pilot) as a X.5 generation. Just makes it that much more precise when discussing the vehicle.

It’s a car....not a truck.
Do they look particularly good? Meh.
Are they highly functional, relatively comfortable and versatile? Yes.
Honda reliability and decent power make it a good choice regardless of the year.
Would I have preferred a V8 4Runner? 1000x yes.
Those go for like $20k with 150k miles around here. I love them but DANG. My wife only speaks about a couple vehicles whenever we talk about what's after the Pilot for her. A 4Runner or an MDX. I bet she will go 4Runner because she likes the reliability and simple ruggedness over the luxury. Now the power of the Type S MDX could sway her, she loves a powerful engine.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
The one on the right is a 2006-2008. The Greatest Generation. Beat Hitler and Tojo's boys. :)

But be content. Your front grille presumably has the mesmerizing HDMI port. :)

(Sorry about that. Now you won't be able to unsee it.:p)

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
The concept hasn't been real popular on this forum but every other forum I've been on designates a major facelift (like the '12 Pilot) as a X.5 generation. Just makes it that much more precise when discussing the vehicle.

Those go for like $20k with 150k miles around here. I love them but DANG. My wife only speaks about a couple vehicles whenever we talk about what's after the Pilot for her. A 4Runner or an MDX. I bet she will go 4Runner because she likes the reliability and simple ruggedness over the luxury. Now the power of the Type S MDX could sway her, she loves a powerful engine.
Yea it’s insane. The mileage doesn’t scare me too much but the price does.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
In the Right corner its an 06 07 or 08 probably ex or EX-L based on the wheels.

It may be older than yours, but its (my first gen bias kicking in here) better looking! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have an '03 and a '12. My '03 is closer to the look of the one on the right in your photo. I prefer the look of the '12.

·
Registered
744 Posts
As others mentioned, one on the right is a 2006-8.
The 'HDMI' grille is on 2009-11, not on 2012-15.
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and IMHO 2nd gen body (2009-15) is way better looking than 1st gen.

·
Registered
10,217 Posts

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
12-15 far left image. 03-05 far right image.

·
Registered
10,217 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've always thought the 2nd generation was the best looking and was really sad when I had to let it go in exchange for safety gadgets, camera etc

I also think the old boxy crv was the best looking exterior

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
In all fairness, 2nd gen is a close, well, second. :)

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
12-15 far left image. 03-05 far right image. View attachment 144076
I remember when the banner only showed a 3rd gen and one of the devoted members of this forum humbly requested the banner show all 3 generations... how useful that has become! ;)

Now on the Traverse forum I got the forum administrator version of the bird... even AFTER I had success over here and pointed to that. Apparently the 1st gen Traverse is no longer relevant and won't be supported on the forum. If I'm still an owner when the 2.5 gen comes out next year I'll make the push again before they revise the banner.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 20 of 25 Posts