Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just passed 10,000 kms on our Pilot and today had the following items fixed under warranty.

1.) Driver's side air vent flopped over on every bump. Replaced with a new vent.

2.) Middle rear seat belt slips out of holder in ceiling and smashes into rear window. Not sure what they did here but I think that they replaced the holder in the ceiling judging from the greasy fingermarks on the ceiling liner.

3.) Pivot pin in on folding part of centre console broken (where the cell phone holder is located). Replaced with new part.

This fixes along with getting rid of the Honda hood edge protector have made the Pilot a much more enjoyable vehicle.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
hood edge protector?

Are you refering to the accessory hood protector, or the Canada only rubber strip on the front of the hood?
What was the issue?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Accessory hood edge protector

The one I paid Honda extra to install. Fortunately, I got my money back for it after 5,000 KM.

Gonna check out one of the third party alternatives once enough people have tried them out.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Accessory hood edge protector

mredden said:
The one I paid Honda extra to install. Fortunately, I got my money back for it after 5,000 KM.

Gonna check out one of the third party alternatives once enough people have tried them out.
I recall you mentioning in another thread that you have 2 holes now under your hood as a result of having uninstalled the deflector. Do you know if they filled or patched the holes up at all with something? Also, were there any scratches or nicks from drilling those holes to insert the rivnut, say from a slip of the drillgun or did they touch up the area? Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ceiling Seat Belt Holders

Both my 2nd and 3rd seat ceiling seat belts repeatedly "slipped" from the holders also. Did a temporary fix [it's on my list for attention by Dealer during first service visit], but I haven't seen this documented as one of the more frequent comments in the Forum. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ive never removed mine from the holder, dont want to deal with that until i have to, after reading the earlier posts about it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hood edge protector

I actually uninstalled myself since I couldn't face driving the 2,000 kms back home with it on.

While they had to drill holes under the hood, I never noticed any extra scratches or dents as a result of their installation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts