Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
The letter says "..... you may be eligible for reimbursement even if you no longer own the vehicle", but the reimbursement procedure includes providing an invoice and a bank statement or credit card receipt etc. Which of you keep these documents such as the invoice, in my case three years after the work was done, especially if you've sold the car? One would think if the work was done at a Honda dealership, a letter from the dealership affirming that the work was done and paid for ought to be sufficient, but noooo! They want proof in the form of an invoice and a receipt! I suspect this is all so they can cut down on the reimbursements and its total cost to Honda.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The letter says "..... you may be eligible for reimbursement even if you no longer own the vehicle", but the reimbursement procedure includes providing an invoice and a bank statement or credit card receipt etc. Which of you keep these documents such as the invoice, in my case three years after the work was done, especially if you've sold the car? One would think if the work was done at a Honda dealership, a letter from the dealership affirming that the work was done and paid for ought to be sufficient, but noooo! They want proof in the form of an invoice and a receipt! I suspect this is all so they can cut down on the reimbursements and its total cost to Honda.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great news . Applies in Canada too. I hope a reprogramming does the trick or I will have to eat a lot of crow. Either way, good for Honda!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my letter last week and made an appointment for this past Monday morning. They confirmed that I had thrown these codes in the past. Applied the software update and replaced my fuel injectors on my 2017 Pilot with 114,000 miles. $0 cost to me. I would typically throw the multiple errors on cold damp days, but they would clear on their own after driving for a day or two. Never saw any engine performance issues while check engine light was on. I was out of the "standard warrenty" period the first time it happened to my 2017, but since it typically cleared itself and I had researched here about the software glitch, I just kept driving. If it got bad enough and started misfires, I would have attempted to change the fuel injectors myself, but was very happy to see the warranty extension.

Brent

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone getting a refund check from Honda yet for the fuel injector work?

Submitted my receipts 4-5 weeks ago and waiting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone getting a refund check from Honda yet for the fuel injector work?

Submitted my receipts 4-5 weeks ago and waiting.
Same here.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts