Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Didn't see a post regarding this warranty extension so sorry if I missed it. I just received notice today in the mail that Honda is extending the warranty on the 2019-2020 Passport/Pilots to 5 years or 60000 miles from original date of purchase.

The connections in the MOST bus network is causing a popping or crackling from the speakers or no sound from the audio system. There may also be a Network Loss message and or display issues.

My 2019 has produced a loud cracking sound only two or three times since purchase in February of 2019. Each time I was sure it was a rock or stone hit to the windshield, that's how pronounced the noise was. Always relieved when I didn't find any cracked glass and just thought at the time that I was lucky.

I know there have been a Service Bulletin or two issued for this condition, but this is the first I have seen the warranty extension. Honda will also reimburse for any previously paid repairs for this condition.

The bottom of my letter from Honda says

Service Bulletin #21-013 Defect 6M100 Symptom Z9R00

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
83 Posts
I hope that letter is coming my way too.. Although I have not heard a single popping or cracking sound in my Pilot since TSB 20-058 was done last 2/3/21. Hopefully it's completely fixed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased my 2019 Touring in April 2019 (not sure when it was built, but it was being unloaded off the truck when I bought it) and It sounded like rocks were hitting my windshield as well, but it was only a handful of times during the first few months of ownership-- I tried to narrow it down and it seemed like it only happened when I was using the phone via bluetooth, but I haven't had had any issues since then. I have not received any notices from honda about the injectors or the MOST bus connectors.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I purchased my 2019 Touring in April 2019 (not sure when it was built, but it was being unloaded off the truck when I bought it) and It sounded like rocks were hitting my windshield as well, but it was only a handful of times during the first few months of ownership-- I tried to narrow it down and it seemed like it only happened when I was using the phone via bluetooth, but I haven't had had any issues since then. I have not received any notices from honda about the injectors or the MOST bus connectors.
It will get worse. Take it in for the TSB.

Reactions: Rollo and zmarke01

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just received my notification in today's mail (attached)
I have a 2020 Pilot EX-L that I picked up in May 2020 and knock on wood I haven't had this issue so far and hopefully never will. But I'll definitely keep this letter handy just in case.

Attachments

Reactions: EFICTION
1 - 9 of 9 Posts