Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had problems with the Honda bug guard deflector being WARPED. My first dealer installed deflector was really warped that the middle section was almost touching the hood. Service department say they installed it anyway because they ordered a new one and it would be easier to remove and replace. Deflector #2, better than first, drove home and measure distances from hood to deflector, obviously warped again. I hate looking at a warped deflector every time I drive my Pilot. Called service dept, and they will reorder another deflector (#3). You would think for a $129 piece of plastic they could get it right. I have purchased Ventshade versions of the deflector for $59 and have NEVER had a problem with the deflector being warped. Is this BAD LUCK or is this common among other Pilot owners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
The only time mine warps is when I take to the touchless car wash and the air dryers blast it. Then the thing wobbles like a belly dancer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
gksmith

gksmith -

Your signature line is the most creative I have ever seen. How did you go about creating it? It gobbles up my system resources so it must be more than just an image.

TIA
Ed:4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,580 Posts
avillanu said:
...Service department say they installed it anyway because they ordered a new one and it would be easier to remove and replace...Called service dept, and they will reorder another deflector (#3). You would think for a $129 piece of plastic they could get it right...
I don't remember if drilling is necessary to install the deflector, but if the Dealer mounted the brackets wrong or drilled the holes wrong, then you'll never get a deflector to fit right. Better check the original mounting and see if it is correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Warped bug (hood) deflector from Honda

tim.s said:
I don't remember if drilling is necessary to install the deflector, but if the Dealer mounted the brackets wrong or drilled the holes wrong, then you'll never get a deflector to fit right. Better check the original mounting and see if it is correct.
Drilling is required. I watched a tech mounting one at the dealer recently and remembered thinking he had to be putting dents in the top of the hood when that drill bit finally popped through the metal he was drilling. I was happy after seeing it that I'd decided not to get one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Re: gksmith

HondaFan said:
gksmith -

Your signature line is the most creative I have ever seen. How did you go about creating it? It gobbles up my system resources so it must be more than just an image.

TIA
Ed:4:
Yeah, it's a real pig given what it does. It gets my award for annoying signature. Not really a good advertisement for the app, but I think this is what he is using:

Marquee: Version 2.4
Copyright 1997-2001 Triview Software
http://www.triview.com

Demo Version
Marquee configured for up to 20 messages.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Warped bug (hood) deflector from Honda

jay said:
Drilling is required. I watched a tech mounting one at the dealer recently and remembered thinking he had to be putting dents in the top of the hood when that drill bit finally popped through the metal he was drilling. I was happy after seeing it that I'd decided not to get one.
Yeah, that was a good decision. Honda's OEM deflector's just simply badly designed. Drilling under the hood is required to install it, whereas, the Perfect Fit and Form Fit ones don't. My dealer incorrectly installed the deflector, resulting in mangling the parts of the hood where the metal mounting brackets came in contact. Plus, they had initially drilled the required holes in the first place, so I was left with 2 gaping holes under the hood which were never even bothered to repaired at all, let alone notify me of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
Re: gksmith

HondaFan said:
gksmith -
Your signature line is the most creative I have ever seen. How did you go about creating it? It gobbles up my system resources so it must be more than just an image.
TIA
Ed:4:
It's a java applet, but for some reason, my browser thinks it's a Perl CGI. It's a nifty little work, indeed. I like how the color changes with every set of marquee that goes by.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Re: gksmith

HondaFan said:
gksmith -

Your signature line is the most creative I have ever seen. How did you go about creating it? It gobbles up my system resources so it must be more than just an image.

TIA
Ed:4:
It's one of those evil Java applets you find laying around various web pages. I'm thinking about switching to an animated GIF file so that I don't have to rely on Java applets working correctly.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top