Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Pilot has 198,000 miles, mostly highway, and regularly serviced for 197,000 of the miles. It is now a "camp" vehicle at our vacation cottage, with little use. I've had an issue with the yellow warning lights indicating VTM-4, VSA, engine light and the triangle with the exclamation mark coming on all the time. Seemed to have started after crossing a a creek with about 1 foot of water (hot sensor suddenly cooled?), and prior to needing to replace the alternator. After replacing the alternator, the lights are coming on again. Vehicle is now only getting about 16 MPG highway, vs. 19 in the old days. With almost 200,000 miles, not interested in sinking a lot of money into what the dealer might suggest. Looking for any recommendations for a potentially less expensive solution? Thanks
Retired Scott

·
Registered
603 Posts
I suggest you pull the codes. This is free at most any Auto parts store, or buy a $20 code reader. The codes will tell you exactly what is wrong. Without them, you are pissing in the wind.

The VSA/VTM lights will illuminate for all kinds of unrelated things, we need the codes to know for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts