Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight my husband changed the oil in my 2013 Pilot. After doing so, all warning lights came on (ABS, etc) and the car wouldn’t start. The radio was even asking for is to enter the radio code. We jumped the car and got it started but all warning lights are still on. Ideas?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Start by checking for a loose or corroded battery cable. He may have inadvertently jostled it while changing the oil. Go easy on him, though, because stuff like that can happen. ?

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
Also check the health of the battery and alternator. You can take the Pilot to your trusted mechanic or your local auto parts store, they can check both of them for free.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Tonight my husband changed the oil in my 2013 Pilot. After doing so, all warning lights came on (ABS, etc) and the car wouldn’t start. The radio was even asking for is to enter the radio code. We jumped the car and got it started but all warning lights are still on. Ideas?
As others share, the battery was disconnected or run down so deep that the car "forgot" some critical parameters. The entertainment stack has a system integrated to discourage theft. Your owner's manual has the procedure for restoring the functions, as the entertainment and engine ECM modules talk to each other and recognize their internal serial numbers. Follow that procedure, and know that you must actually have the engine running when you re-sync the controllers.

Fix the battery low voltage thing.

If, by chance, the car was "jumped" with the jumper cables reversed even momentarily, there's a risk of damage to some delicate electronic$. That cables-reversed usually involves some serious sparks when the cables are connected, and can easily include an internal (hopefully...) explosion inside the battery itself. He would know and remember.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts