Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I have been on the search for projector headlights for my 2013 pilot. Suddenly today and years of searching I came across this. No reviews and the price seems high but it does come with everything and claims to be plug and play. Here’s the link.
Projector headlights 2012-2015
Anyone have any insight on these lights? I think they look beautiful. The black housing lights are my favorite.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
The link isn't working for me... if they are headlights that they retrofit than they are probably using high quality parts. What's the pricing? If it's knocking on the door of $1000 they are using great parts, that's what a custom retrofit usually costs.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The link isn't working for me... if they are headlights that they retrofit than they are probably using high quality parts. What's the pricing? If it's knocking on the door of $1000 they are using great parts, that's what a custom retrofit usually costs.

$935.55

·
Registered
3,744 Posts

$935.55
Thanks... I finally got it to load on my phone.

Looks like they are using either Profile or Morimoto Bi-LED projectors. Both are quality products, the Profile is a little easier to install but the Morimoto is a better product.

The only reason I haven't taken the dive to an LED projector yet and continue to retrofit with HID projectors is that I can replace everything (ballast or bulb) easily if one of the lights goes out. With the LED projectors, the lifespan should be much longer (probably the life of the vehicle) but if you ever have problems you will have to take the headlight apart to replace the projector.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't like that page. A whole bunch of market-speak, but the 'What's Included', Compatibility and Tech Specs links are all non-functional. Where is the light pattern? What's the cutoff?
Then there's this:
"Promotion: Get a full free led package to complete the look of your vehicle after you send us quality images of the installed custom headlights."
So they are pushing $1k "LED Headlights" but not actually including any LEDs unless you send them "quality images" of them installed?

0 reviews also does not inspire confidence.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I don't like that page. A whole bunch of market-speak, but the 'What's Included', Compatibility and Tech Specs links are all non-functional. Where is the light pattern? What's the cutoff?
Then there's this:
"Promotion: Get a full free led package to complete the look of your vehicle after you send us quality images of the installed custom headlights."
So they are pushing $1k "LED Headlights" but not actually including any LEDs unless you send them "quality images" of them installed?

0 reviews also does not inspire confidence.
I've seen this before with retrofitting outfits, normally it means an interior LED package. But they do not specify so I can't say for sure. I chalked it up to my phone, the site wasn't great looking on my phone. My work computer couldn't even load their website.

Given the quality of their website maybe look at some other reputable companies like Lightwerkz or Black Flame Customs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. I dont have the skill to retrofit the headlights myself hence the quest to find an excellent plug and play unit. Checked out the websites recommended but no dice. Its almost like looking for the holy grail. The search continues.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I dont have the skill to retrofit the headlights myself hence the quest to find an excellent plug and play unit. Checked out the websites recommended but no dice. Its almost like looking for the holy grail. The search continues.
Just because they don't list the headlights you want retrofitted doesn't mean they don't do them. This is a highly custom and demand based business, so they put headlights they do a ton of on their website. Email them and ask for pricing, I would wager they both get back to you with prices to do them. I'm pretty sure Lightwerkz has done Pilots in the past.

Edit: they have, check out the following link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just because they don't list the headlights you want retrofitted doesn't mean they don't do them. This is a highly custom and demand based business, so they put headlights they do a ton of on their website. Email them and ask for pricing, I would wager they both get back to you with prices to do them. I'm pretty sure Lightwerkz has done Pilots in the past.

Edit: they have, check out the following link.

Wow!!!! That link had the most amazing headlights!!! Not thought about emailing. I just figured if it wasnt listed them it didnt exist. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Wow!!!! That link had the most amazing headlights!!! Not thought about emailing. I just figured if it wasnt listed them it didnt exist. Thank you.
It's a highly custom business, they will do pretty much any headlights and your options are as limitless as your checkbook.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got quoted 1175 up to 1750. And that doesnt including the housing for the lights. Their work looks incredible. Now the plan to is save some moola.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yea prices have gone up slightly. Happy saving up, they are a great investment!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts