Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been browsing this site quite a bit and have not seen any pictures of Redrock Pearl Pilots. I was wondering if anyone with one would be kind enough to post some. It would be nice to have some "reality" photos of this color to supplement the ones in the brochure and the photo gallery in the Honda website.

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Redrock Pearl Picture

Here's mine during an 800 mile roadtrip to climb Mt. Whitney, highest point in lower 48 states. The pointed peak in the center back is Mt. Whitney (14,497').

BTW, my friend's 1998 Toyota 4-Runner couldn't make it up a few steep grades on the trip (overheating) so I took on him and his three passengers plus their gear. 7 Adults plus gear in the pilot climbing 7000 feet. Killed my gas mileage but stellar comfort and performance. Saved the trip and helped me justify being single and owning an 8 passenger vehicle!

-pilotdude

p.s. 5 of the 7 of us summitted, including 4 of the 4 original Pilot passengers. Coincidence? ;-)

p.p.s. Never attached before so hope this works... if not go to http://www.fototime.com/E3AA4A652B02476/standard.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pilotdude, thanks!

Thanks for the pic! It is really nice. It is as nice as the ones in the hondanews.com site.

·
Registered
316 Posts
IMHO, Scenery & Story qualifies this Redrock Pearl Pilot as a possible front page pic.

Very Cool fellow Bay Area Pilot Owner.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing. That pic should be up for September. Awesome!

Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yosemite Pilot

Thanks for the comments everyone. Here is another interesting back drop. That's Half Dome, Yosemite National Park.

My friends joked this weekend that I would have wallet photos to show everyone-- "here's when the Pilot went to Mt Whitney, here's when the Pilot went to Yosemite, and here's when the Pilot went to Disney Land" etc. :)

I'll submit the other for the homepage, thanks for the encouragement.

-pilotdude

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Re: Redrock Pearl Picture

pilotdude said:
Here's mine during an 800 mile roadtrip to climb Mt. Whitney, highest point in lower 48 states. The pointed peak in the center back is Mt. Whitney (14,497').

BTW, my friend's 1998 Toyota 4-Runner couldn't make it up a few steep grades on the trip (overheating) so I took on him and his three passengers plus their gear. 7 Adults plus gear in the pilot climbing 7000 feet. Killed my gas mileage but stellar comfort and performance. Saved the trip and helped me justify being single and owning an 8 passenger vehicle!

-pilotdude

p.s. 5 of the 7 of us summitted, including 4 of the 4 original Pilot passengers. Coincidence? ;-)

p.p.s. Never attached before so hope this works... if not go to http://www.fototime.com/E3AA4A652B02476/standard.jpg
This is a great pic ...

PrG

·
Registered
797 Posts
Great pictures. You have inspired me (even more) to do the same when I am in Austria for Labor Day. We should put together an album of great Pilot pictures at various landmarks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Dirty?

Oops, I see some dirt on the rear quarter panel. Always like those magazine reviews where they are so spotless. How many bugs on the windshield did you have? Would hate for all those bugs to show up after you work so hard to get somewhere so beautiful.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
That is the nicest RRP pic I have seen, makes me wish I listened to my wife! Definetely front page material!

SS EX-L

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great pic. Look forward to seeing more of the Honda Pilot in it's native habitat. I love Red Rock Pearl!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Redrock Pearl Picture

pilotdude said:
In a word -- MAGNIFICENT. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Since we're all Pilots,our machines should look like airplanes.Don't you all think???

This is the first time I try to attach a photo so not sure how it's gonna look like or will it show at all.If you guys don't see anything please show me how.Thanks

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts