Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some of these wheels for sale on here, but unfortunately they are too far to pick up. I am looking for one of the 2019 20" Touring/Elite wheels in order to carry a full size spare.

I will also need to get a matching tire at some point, but there are some pretty good options for those.

I am willing to drive a couple of hours to pick up, but haven't seen anyone close enough to make it worth it for me.

I am in zip code 44077 Northeast Ohio area along Lake Erie.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I've seen some of these wheels for sale on here, but unfortunately they are too far to pick up. I am looking for one of the 2019 20" Touring/Elite wheels in order to carry a full size spare.

I will also need to get a matching tire at some point, but there are some pretty good options for those.

I am willing to drive a couple of hours to pick up, but haven't seen anyone close enough to make it worth it for me.

I am in zip code 44077 Northeast Ohio area along Lake Erie.

Thanks
If you are only looking for ONE wheel then your best bet would be craigslist or carparts.com or ebay

Good luck :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Tahoefever. I have been watching those sites and haven't found anything yet.

Let me restate that. I haven't found anything yet which I am willing to pay that much for. I want to stay around $150.00-$200.00 for the wheel at the most. No big hurry as this is a want and not a need item.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Thanks, Tahoefever. I have been watching those sites and haven't found anything yet.

Let me restate that. I haven't found anything yet which I am willing to pay that much for. I want to stay around $150.00-$200.00 for the wheel at the most. No big hurry as this is a want and not a need item.
What about your local junk yard over here in NY there are tons of those buggers in the scrap yard

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about your local junk yard over here in NY there are tons of those buggers in the scrap yard
I am in Ohio about 70 miles west of Erie, Pa. Don't know anything about a junk yard in NY with these wheels.

Only if three more people would step forward. We all would win.

I know, Baileyii. Have you ever checked into what shipping one or all four of your wheels would cost? I've posted before I am in zip code 44077.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had my son hold one on a scale and they weigh 40 pounds each. I live close to Raleigh 27526. My wife looked up shipping to Tampa a while back and it came out to $210 for all four wheels.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had my son hold one on a scale and they weigh 40 pounds each. I live close to Raleigh 27526. My wife looked up shipping to Tampa a while back and it came out to $210 for all four wheels.
Just sent you a private message.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just found a site called "Shipnerd" which anyone trying to sell and ship wheels may want to check out closer. I have never used them and just found them while trying to find inexpensive ways to ship wheels.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, for those of us who are looking for a single wheel in order to add a full size spare to our 2019 Touring/Elite Pilots.

Baileyii has posted on his other post that he is willing to sell his set of four take off wheels from his 2019 Elite as single wheels IF he can get three other owner's to commit to buying one.

I am on the list and he is waiting to see if three others want to get one. You can reply to his other post found here

20 inch 2019 Honda Elite rims for sale.

I don't believe we can find these wheels any cheaper at this time since these wheels are only being used on the 2019 Pilot Touring and Elite.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still looking for a 2019 Touring/Elite 20" wheel to be used as a full size spare. I am only finding sets of 4 wheels at a decent price, but don't need four of them!

Baileyii has sold his wheels to a local buyer, so the search continues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am in your same boat... I upgraded my 2019 Pilot to 20's and looking to put a full spare underneath... I have gone to multiple local places and called multiple online places and they want outrageous prices for something to be used as a spare. I also have been checking salvage yards. If you find someone selling a set, I will buy one tire with you as well. Thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ChasRedFish, I sent you a private message.

lS973800

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK guys.. I bit the bullet and bought 4 used/like new 20 inch rims with center caps and sensors... So I have 3 to sale for ppl who are looking for full size spares.... PM me and I can get it to ya. Thanks Ed

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of course I would like one of those wheels! How much with shipping to 44077? I will also send you an email but the last one I sent you I never heard back from you, so not sure if you ever received it or not.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have found four 20 inch wheels from a 2019 which will include center cap and TPMS sensor. These are takeoffs from a 2019 and do have a few scratches and scuffs, but nothing bad. No curb rash, no scrapes, etc. I have to buy all four wheels and only need one for myself.

The other deal fell through on my part because the 20 inch wheels were not the ones from the 2019 model. I will be looking for around $225.00 per wheel which will include the wheel, center cap, TPMS sensor, and shipping to the lower 48 states.

Pictures of the wheels from the seller. The wheels are in order, 1-4. I will be taking either wheel 1 or 2.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My search for a 2019 Touring/Elite wheel for use as a full size spare has come to an end.

I found a Honda dealer in Las Vegas with 8 take off wheels who has them posted on eBay. I purchased one of them for $235.00 which includes shipping to my location in Ohio. It includes a center cap but not a TPMS sensor from what he posted.

I had picked up a used matching tire a couple of weeks ago for $61.00 which is identical to the ones on the car now and it has almost 9/32 of thread. No plugs or patches or abnormal wear.

Just waiting for the wheel now and will get the tire mounted and be all set. I'll look for a sensor as I have seen some on eBay for around $15.00 if I recall.

All in for a full size spare I should be around $325.00 or so with wheel, tire, sensor, and mounting and balancing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts