Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bellevue Honda, near Seattle turned me down when we offered MSRP plus dealer installed options + tax & Lic. They wanted their BLACKMAIL $3119 extra Location adjustment fee. Where is the nearest dealer that I can buy MSRP?

Bill Roll

·
Registered
494 Posts
billroll,

Get in your car and check out all the dealerships close to you. Let your fingers do the walking for any Honda dealership that's too far, maybe 100 miles away or so.

Here in Arizona, we got MSRP and a good deal off the accessories, but we had to shop 3 different dealerships.

One person at this message board, ordered his from California without even seeing it, and he lives in Las Vegas.

So get ready to shop. You WILL get MSRP, but you will have to work on it. :4:

Good Luck,

·
Registered
991 Posts
kiss goodbye

kiss the pilot goodbye and look elsewhere, you will get one for a way better deal, just hold out a bit.

(Don't forget to give that dealer one of these:30: )

·
Registered
14 Posts
MSRP

There is a dealer in Bellevue, NE that will sell at MSRP. In fact, we paid $20.00 over sticker but got the towing package and the rear splash guards for that price. They had four on the lot as of last Saturday. Not exactly close to Bellevue, WA, but it appears that there are lots of dealers who will sell for MSRP. All of the dealers in the Omaha area will, but with the exception of our dealer, you had to wait about two months.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got mine for MSRP at the Goodson Honda in Houston, TX. Hold out for one that won't screw you...

·
Registered
900 Posts
As has been mentioned in other threads before, for that $3119 you can buy a couple of one-way plane tickets to a reasonable dealer, and have a nice vacation drive home!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Check every dealer

I did, and had my car in 3 days, msrp, in the color I wanted. I checked every dealership in the state, and it took a while, but I have it!

Check daily...inventory changes; people cancel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought at MSRP with a pinstrip & mudguards thrown in. Not the greatest deal out there, but do you REALLY want to buy from a dealer that is holding you up? What will happen if you need SERVICE.....shop around, they are out there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I say "If you can't beat them, join them" Give them the $3119 - heck, money does grow on trees!!!

:2:

Shop around......get a list of all the Honda dealers near and far.....you'll find the one that won't screw you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too was confronted with the $3,000 dealer markup or as they call it, "market value" or "market adjustment". I was so eager to buy one I actually considered it for a while. The good people on these forums (and my wife) convinced me there are better deals out there. I did exactly what people said. I called around and indeed found a dealer not too far away that would sell me the car at MSRP with no forced options.

It's just a matter of time before you find something. Good luck!

-pj

·
Registered
449 Posts
Call Greg

billroll said:
Bellevue Honda, near Seattle turned me down when we offered MSRP plus dealer installed options + tax & Lic. They wanted their BLACKMAIL $3119 extra Location adjustment fee. Where is the nearest dealer that I can buy MSRP?

Bill Roll
Call Greg at Honda of Spokane. We bought there at MSRP. Just hop a flight on Southwest and he will pick you up at the airport.

I contacted every western WA dealer for MSRP. Found none. One described it as the Microsoft syndrome.

Tell him I sent you.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts