Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up my car today after dropping it off for a no start issue. Here was the issue: was driving when all of the sudden no dash. So as soon as I could took a turn (signal didn’t work) and turned into a gas station to check it out. Turned the car off to try to reset/restart it but it wouldn’t start. Jumped it to make sure the battery was good (using the manual specifications for boosting). Checked all the fuses. After the second round I found the “meter” fuse was blown. So I replaced it with a spare. I checked every fuse. To add to it I have an aftermarket monitor connected to the system, only through an “option” port in the fuse panel. With a jumper and a fuse to get power. had it towed to my house. Disconnected the battery completely from the vehicle and charged it with my maintainer/charger till I had 12.55v. I tried scanning it with my odb2 scanner but it couldn’t connect to ecu. Battery back in, no start. So I have it towed to Honda. They call me with several questions. I explained to them the screen. They come back to me today saying they got it started. They removed my jumper at spot pgi/ something spot and put in 20amp fuse. And some stability track fuse was missing so they put that in. And it was throwing all these codes. Like every code. Like they haven’t seen a car freak out and do that. It’s a comm error. Soooo, my BIG problem is my jumper was Not in the position they are claiming and they couldn’t prove how it was an issue. But I was flabbergasted. They straight up lied to my face and said it was in a different port and pulling it out and putting a new 20amp fuse was the problem. mind blown
I’m trying to get Honda to help me and I’m going to their higher ups tomorrow to push an investigation. This is Not cool.
Oh and the service manager said that the tech wouldn’t come out because he would probably knock me out. Because I was pissed. And obvious. And I had dropped a few f bombs and called them liars. I tried to give the benefit at first to be like oh we don’t know how that happened. But to have fabricated this whole thing and not actually attempting to figure out what failed and caused the freak out they lied and said my jumper did it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lol, the obd2 scanning was after the battery back in, not the other way around. I didn’t scan it with no battery it lmao

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
Year model, LX, EX-L etc, awd/2wd, Milage, might make the story more interesting to some. 😊

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My jumper has a 10amp fuse in it for the 10amp fuse spot it goes in... which is why I’m like how they think they can just lie to me!? And why after a year of install did it cause a malfunction. And none of the fuses in my jumper or monitor are blown. Even tho they are lower than the supposed spot I had them in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts