Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you have the touring with the electronic shifter, make sure you put it in park before you press the engine stop button. I occasionally forget. When you hit the engine stop button while still in gear, it automatically shifts into park, but stays in accessory mode. So when you leave the vehicle, the infotainment system stays on inside, and the auto lock doesn't work, but you 'think' you stopped the vehicle properly and so there must be a problem with the locks, but not, it's designed that way.

Not sure if this is what's happening, but might be?

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had my keyless on/off system button replaced due to the error code that popped up on the screen. a week later, honda sent out a memo that they have extended the warranty to address the issue which required replacement of the keyless on/off button. when I took my 2016 pilot in for the recall, the dealer replaced the on/of ignition at no cost but the walk away auto lock was still an issue which started when the wireless system error appeared. I had taken the car back to the dealer to address this issue and they had said that it's a simple DTC reset/clear. Apparently, when the error occurred, the walk away auto lock was disabled as a safety feature to ensure the key doesn't get locked in. I did explore the menu to toggle this feature on and off was not able to override. this can only be overridden by going through the computer using a special ODB to reset. Since the dealer reset mine, it seems to be working perfectly again. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
After the switch is replaced, the dealership should do a scan for error codes and make sure that the B12C5 code for the switch is cleared. Sometimes they don't clear by themselves. You can clear this code yourself if your OBD reader does a full scan. My Bluedriver reader does a full scan and reads B codes but I am not sure if any of the other generic readers will do that.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
Does it unlock the SUV when you get near it then? And open the door for you b/c it knows you're coming?
Imagine, having to actually push a button to lock your vehicle?
And to think, we used to lock and unlock the doors, separately with our HANDS!

We used to get up to change the channel and volume on the TV too though.

Things are so tough now LOL

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
Does it unlock the SUV when you get near it then? And open the door for you b/c it knows you're coming?
Imagine, having to actually push a button to lock your vehicle?
And to think, we used to lock and unlock the doors, separately with our HANDS!

We used to get up to change the channel and volume on the TV too though.

Things are so tough now LOL
It knows you are there and when you place your hand near the door handle and it will unlock as long as you have the fob with you. It doesn't open the door for you though as that is a new option for the 4th gen 😉

1 - 7 of 7 Posts