Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 EX-L here. I've noticed that, about a minute after I exit and walk away from my Pilot, it honks quickly about 6 or 7 times. Every time. This is after the initial exit beep and auto lock beep, and is coming from the horn. Is that the alarm arming or something?

·
Registered
82 Posts
That sounds like the warning that auto-lock cannot do its magic. It could be from another key fob left inside the car or passengers still getting out after it starts its activation sequence.

This happens frequently enough with my 2017 and my kids taking their sweet time getting out of the car that I call it the “lagger warning”. I don’t remember the exact sequence but it usually happens when I’m about 15 fr from the car and one of my kids finally exits the car. I have heard it in other circumstances as well, leaving the car in accessory mode or maybe the sunroof left open. Every time, in my case, it was a warning that I had to lock the car myself because auto-lock was being cautious or overridden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,092 Posts
Auto lock feature on the tailgate requires you to be within the 2.5 meter range until it fully closes, otherwise it will not auto lock the tailgate. The beeps are a warning that the tailgate is not locked. In that case hit the lock button on the fob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.