Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Great forum...has provided me with a lot of insight!
My wife and I have looked and test driven the Pilot when it
first came out. Were impressed by the utility and performance of the vehicle..especially the third row fold flat seat. We are tracking towards getting a 2004...let the markup and hype die down a bit, Honda (like anyone else) work out some of the early kinks, and purchase closer to needing a SUV (rather than just simply wanting one).

In the meantime, we have and continue to look at the competition. Anyone else in the same boat? I'd like to hear your thoughts and research too! Here are my impressions:

Pilot
Pros: Performance, gas mileage, nice size and space package, Honda reputation, 4wd system better than most for what it is really needs to be (bad weather driving, not muddin')

Cons: Exterior plain. No moonroof. Interior a bit on the bland side. 3rd row a bit tight.

2003 Expedition
Pros: bigger size and lots of room, good V8 performance, nice sized sunroof, can get a factory sunroof w/ a RES system, backup sensor option, center slide option for second row middle seat.
3rd row seat headrests stow with the seat, can get invoice pricing

Cons: Gas mileage of that V8, interior doens't offer many gizmos, "fancy options" like steering wheel audio and autoclimate control only on EB model, Reliability (have heard blown headgasket and rear axle horror stories)

(Also looked at Explorer...3rd row doesn't fold flat and very cramped...also the cost cutting on the interior and exterior looks very apparent...and the cloth is terrible!)

Next up, we want to look at the new 4Runner and the Murano.
Both don't or won't offer the 3rd row fold flat seat, so not overly optimistic. Some hope for the fullsize Nissan SUV next year...

Otherwise, the Pilot looks like the winner. Just want the moonroof (and how about Eternal Blue as a color option!)
:D

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Eternal Blue would be nice;

But I bet we will see the new Midnight Blue, since it is an Odyssey/MDX color.

·
Registered
494 Posts
slider71,
If a moonroof is the only thing that stopping you, certain dealers will install them. At least one dealer here in Arizona does. I believe they will still honor the warranty.

It is possible that the 2004 model will have a moonroof too.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Moonroof

Just a guess:

I would not count on it. They would have to make a new roof pannel to get a large enough flat area for a factory moonroof.

It will get a moonroof, when sales drop off because it does not have one. Look at the Odyssey, still no moonroof!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts