Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally rained here in San Diego. I was hoping to get my rear wheels to kick in today. I'm not sure that I'd know if they did or not.

Does the VTM light on the lock-out button light? Is there a light on the dash when activated? How do I know when I'm having 'fun?'

Anyone know of any good places to go mud bogging?

·
Registered
919 Posts
The VTM-4 indicator light in the instrument cluster lights only if there is a problem with the VTM-4 system (other than at startup when all the lights light up). It does not light to show that the system is active. I know the light on the VTM-4 button comes on if you manually engage the system, but I'm not sure if it comes on when the system activates itself (my first guess would be no).

Chris

·
Registered
494 Posts
It was pouring here in Phoenix tonight, so I decided to take the pilot out to a mall parking lot to see if I could get the pilot to skid in a turn while giving it gas. I couldn't get it to skid or slide. In my Trooper I would be able to slide the rear wheels, a controlled J-turn. I would guess that the VTM had to be working.
Pretty Cool.

·
Registered
919 Posts
If anyone is going to get this vehicle to spin, it's probably going to be DNTSNE1. He probably took a few lessons from his hero...

Chris

·
Registered
664 Posts
If I read the manual correctly the VTM engages the rear wheels automatically on pull out when necessary. (ie you tromped it.) It is supposed to give up to 50% power to those wheels.

When I took it off-road (on dirt roads and some hills) last month I hit it pretty hard to get the front wheels to spin. In any other vehicle I took up there, they spun. The Pilot just pulled out, quickly. I was watching for a light and found none. So unless it was that quick that I missed it I think we are having 'fun' when we don't know it.

Side note: I also did not notice it engage when I had it slowly climbing some of the rockier trails either. They were not boulders but would have hit the underside if the wheels weren't climbing on them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If we're lucky here is WI we'll be getting our first snowfall in a few short months and we'll be giving some reports on how the VTM works and believe me it will get a workout!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts