Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I connected the two pins to get the SRS codes, I believe it was 4 and 9, I found out my drivers seat belt switch was the problem. I cleaned it and that solved that problem. I noticed the VTM light was flashing also. Does that indicate a code also if so how do you read it? My VTM light does come on while driving. I already VTM fluid and sensor but the light still comes on. Thanks

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,372 Posts
Yes, that means there is a VTM code. Decipher it the same way you read the SRS code through the dash lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got code 77 drive train failure. From what I can tell seems like it is usually the EGR valve, catalytic converter or 02 sensor. Has anyone ever tried using the spark plug de fouler on the 02 sensor on a Honda Pilot?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,372 Posts
If the VTM light is not constantly coming on I’d start by clearing the codes (disconnect battery for 15minutes) then see if the code ever comes back. My Pilot at some time in its existence threw a VTM code which hasn’t returned in the 2+ years since I reset it. Like you I discovered it when the SRS light lit up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts