Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group.
I've bought a 2013 and hasn't been possible to activate the VTM lock.

VTM light on the dash doesn't turn on and button light turns on only before I start the vehicle...

If I try to activate it on R, 2 or 1, it doesn't work.. Please have a look to the video and let me know what should I check.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
Is the brake warning light lit after you start the car? If so you need to fix that.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Or if it's just the parking brake which is still engaged, what happens when you release it (and fasten your seatbelt)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or if it's just the parking brake which is still engaged, what happens when you release it (and fasten your seatbelt)?
It happens the same.

It's weird because the VTM light on dashboard is not turning on during the initial check.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
In order of easy steps, next check and test your fuses and/or relays. Use a multimeter or switch around identical ones. Don't just rely on a visual check.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Is the brake warning light lit after you start the car? If so you need to fix that.
That's the overseas parking brake indicator. In North America, we get "brake", elsewhere they get the (!) symbol.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
You can be on the moon at this point as long as that stupid nagging light is on ..the VTM will not engage ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any clues? It doesn't engage.... (Off course no handbrake). What should I check? As I previously mentioned, VTM-4 on dash is not turning on...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts