Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 honda pilot, both lights for vtm-4 and check engine light are on. The motor was recently replaced about a month ago due to heads being blown for the second time. This is my 3 engine on my pilot. My trusted mechanic let me know there was some wiring problem which wouldn't let him put the vehicle into gear. He had called me to tell me that the transmission was no good, but he would check everything again. Luckily he found some wiring issues not sure exactly what wiring but he managed to get the transmission working. I've been driving it ever since, but there is a bad shake and hard shifting along with a gas mileage problem, my gas has just been going like crazy. Vtm-4 light on dash but the button for switch isn't lit up. I've tried putting it in neutral, 1st or 2nd gear and pushing the switch but no light goes on nor dash indicator turns off. Not sure if it could be wiring issue or sensor. Anyone have any idea of what it could be ? I love my pilot, been through all weather conditions and has never let me down. But im considering just letting her go, unless I find a fix for it. I have too much money invested in the car but can't keep putting more into it. Can anyone help, or please let me know where to start ?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,187 Posts
Getting the code read with a Honda specific code scan tool will be a good first step. That should give you some indication of what the problem is.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
If you or your trusted mechanic doesn't have a Honda-specific code reader, an inexpensive and good one is the Foxwell NT-630 Plus. I have one and it's paid for itself a few time over in the short time I've had it. And look, whaddaya know, it's on special.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts