Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had Infinity speakers installed by by audio shop. 5000ci in the rear and 5000cs in the front. My wife picked up the car and on the way home she notced the VTM-4 light was on, in the dash (not the VTM-4 button). The shop was closed when she went back. Could the install have caused this (a short, etc) or was this just a coincidence? Electrical or mechanical?

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
NewPilotMan said:
I just had Infinity speakers installed by by audio shop. 5000ci in the rear and 5000cs in the front. My wife picked up the car and on the way home she notced the VTM-4 light was on, in the dash (not the VTM-4 button). The shop was closed when she went back. Could the install have caused this (a short, etc) or was this just a coincidence? Electrical or mechanical?

Any ideas ?
I would ask the shop to chjeck the "easy" things, like fuses and any wiring they did. If that does not fix it take it to a Honda dealer and have them get the error codes so you know what happened. I would hate to have the shop fix it by removing the bulb!
I doubt an audo shop will have the tools to read the codes, and without that they can only fix it by hit or miss!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts