Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wishing my Pilot had VTM-4. Being from GA people always told me to avoid it because its another thing that can break and requires extra service. I like the idea of having the option of reducing slippage in wet conditions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yea H the 4L and 6L was the original AMC engines but today that is history...
Less people know about that... Today is turbo time... a lawnmower engine
with a turbo attached move a 2 tons SUV. 20 years ago this was unimaginable...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea H the 4L and 6L was the original AMC engines but today that is history...
Less people know about that... Today is turbo time... a lawnmower engine
with a turbo attached move a 2 tons SUV. 20 years ago this was unimaginable...
The 4L was a good low rpm torquey engine for its time. The new Wranglers are over 1000 lb heavier in the quest to be a unique SUV for a different generation. Loaded with tech, luxury and safety equipment we are lucky to be able to use them on the trails. Going to need modern engines to power these ground pounders.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You are totally right... no more simplicity everything today is more and more
complex... even for the dealer mechanics... sometime even them are not
able to found what is the problem with all smart tools at their disposition

·
Registered
25 Posts
VTM-4 only works in reverse and first and second gears. It doesn't work in Drive.

I have the same tires on my 2005 Pilot. When new they were excellent. As they wear, as with all tires, they don't work as well. I live in an suburban area on a 1200 vertical foot mountain. When it snows I am able to drive around dozens of other vehicles that have become stuck. But, I've driven on snow for more than 50 years. Tires are the most important thing for driving on snow. AWD or 4WD will help you get started in slippery conditions or where one wheel is slipping but other have traction. But, only at slow speeds.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
VTM-4 only works in reverse and first and second gears. It doesn't work in Drive.
Not again with this misinformation.
When will it ever stop?

It's the VTM-4 Lock feature that is available only under 18mph and in 1st, 2nd and reverse gears.
VTM-4 Lock sends extra torque to the rear wheels.
The VTM-4 System is always active and can send torque to the rear wheels automatically at any time, as needed.

Read the following info: How Does VTM Work?
Also, read page 164 of the owner's manual.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Not again with this misinformation.
When will it ever stop?

It's the VTM-4 Lock feature that is available only under 18mph and in 1st, 2nd and reverse gears.
VTM-4 Lock sends extra torque to the rear wheels.
The VTM-4 System is always active and can send torque to the rear wheels automatically at any time, as needed.

Read the following info: How Does VTM Work?
Also, read page 164 of the owner's manual.
It will never stop. It's been proven that humans only read the first couple sentences then skim the rest while reading. So they see that VTM works in 1st and 2nd and miss the rest of the description.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts