Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L. I was prepping for a valve lash check when I noticed that the Variable Valve Solenoid that sits on top of the VVT has a broken connector. The connector can still mate with the harness, but the dealer said the VTEC system was leaking oil. They want about $700. to fix it. The dealer says that Honda does not sell parts for the VTEC, only the completed VTEC assembly. I have thought about just putting the old one back in, and putting RTV on the broken part, but I hate to mickey mouse anything.
Does anyone know where I can buy another Variable Valve Solenoid or the o-rings that fit on it (there are 3). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Alan

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Seems like your best bet would be a salvage yard. Much less expensive and you can usually get the parts you want without having to buy the complete assembly new. Even if a salvage yard were to make you get the whole assembly, it probably wouldn't cost you nearly as much as purchasing from the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like your best bet would be a salvage yard. Much less expensive and you can usually get the parts you want without having to buy the complete assembly new. Even if a salvage yard were to make you get the whole assembly, it probably wouldn't cost you nearly as much as purchasing from the dealer.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Alan

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I also had thought of a member parting out his 2007 in the Classified section of this forum, but he's in Illinois and you're in Texas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts