Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Pilot EXL. I had to take my car in to local shop to swap out 2 TPMS sensors because I was a dumb ass and used the pretty metal valve stem caps and they corroded themselves to valve stem. Won’t do that again. Anyway, when I got the car back the mechanic said the VSA light had come on and he used his Autel diagnostic to clear the light, but it kept coming back on. I have gone through a lot of the threads on this site and found a few that were promising. I have called Honda about the recall and it was done by previous owner. My questions: Does anyone have a tried and true method to turn light off or at least proven effective since the prior posts? If there is an actual problem with the VSA system has anyone gone through and systematically ruled out or isolated the problems? I am fairly mechanical, but most of my experience is with German or Italian cars. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Did he erase codes AND run the neutral/steering test?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did he erase codes AND run the neutral/steering test?

Boom, i’m not sure exactly. He just told me that he used his “expensive Autel scanner” and tried to erase the light. I am wondering if he used his scanner to resync the TPMS sensors and jacked something up, instead of just resetting through the car system. I know it could be just a coincidence but I hate coincidence. I will watch the video you posted now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts