Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L: I had the transmission replaced and on the way home from the transmission shop, the ABS, VSA and /!\ lights came on. Upon startup, they are off, but come back on within the first couple of minutes of driving. Any ideas on what is causing it? I took it back to shop initially asking if a ground or sensor might be disconnected somewhere, but they said they did not know what was going on and asked me to bring it back when I can leave it for 4-6 hours so they can "re-learn the VSA..." I can't find 4-6 hours to leave it as it is our only vehicle and in use about every 2 hours to meet the needs of our family. Any ideas? It seems clearly related to replacing the transmission.

A side note: This is actually the 2nd transmission replaced in 2 weeks, as the first replaced under extended warranty had issues. It seems to drive well, but the warning lights come on after start-up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
you say this is the 2nd transmission replaced ?

Just out of curiousity have they tested your alternator/battery ?

Low voltage condition will cause the ABS/VSA lights to come on , usually because the modules detect low voltage ( usually less than 10.5 for more than 3 seconds ) because of a bad battery or a bad alternator.

If you have a bad battery or a bad alternator it can cause the lights to come on and even cause transmission shift issues ....remember the electrical modules control the mechanical components .

Have them check battery first , then alternator second

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bet you they banged the axle onto the wheel bearing. The wheel bearing has a magnetic ring which the speed sensor reads for VSA & ABS.

I've accidentally done that on my TL. Pulled my hair out figuring this out until I pulled the ABS codes which pointed me in the direction of a bad wheel bearing.

Also, there is no "re-learning" All they will do is clear the code which may come back.
Re-learning is done automatically when driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts