Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on what could possibly be wrong. We had some front bumper work done on a 2010 Pilot. They had to replace the parking sensor and fog lamp as well. When we got the car back, the daytime running light on the passenger side was illuminated, but in a lower spot than the driver's side. We took it back to the shop that did the work and they said they could have it fixed in 15 minutes. After a bit they said couldn't figure out what the issue was so the hooked it up to a computer (something under the steering wheel I assume, because my mat was out of place) and now my VSA, ABS and VSA warning (triangle with exclamation point) indicators are on. What could possibly be the issue? The shop is bringing in their mobile mechanic to take a look at it, but I want to be prepared, so that they don't take advantage of someone who doesn't know a ton about cars. Thank you in advance for any input you have.

·
Registered
327 Posts
On a first gen, this is a classic symptom of one of the wheel speed sensors failing. These make the stability control and anti-lock brakes work, so they're important. Replacing one is a pretty simple fix. I don't have a reasonable theory for how the work they did would lead to that failure.

Their mobile guy should be able to read a code from the vehicle that tells which sensor failed, or if its something else, what the trouble is. The code should be explainable in simple terms, so you should expect to have a basic understanding of the problem after you find out what the code is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts