Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What dealers should I be considering in the NYC tri-state area (NY, NJ and CT)? A friend mentioned huntington honda was a "volume dealer." Never heard that before, but I'll check them out. Are there any others? Looking for the best possible deal on 2019 pilot EX or EX-L in the next 6 months. Im guessing right before new years will be my best shot.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What dealers should I be considering in the NYC tri-state area (NY, NJ and CT)? A friend mentioned huntington honda was a "volume dealer." Never heard that before, but I'll check them out. Are there any others? Looking for the best possible deal on 2019 pilot EX or EX-L in the next 6 months. Im guessing right before new years will be my best shot.
WARNING Stay away from HUNTINGTON HONDA at all EXPENSES..... They are a bunch of liars and CROOKS. I have bought three vehicles from them and everyone i had issues with the finance managers. They have tried to rip me off on extended warranties and finance rates. The last vehicle i bought from them was a 2007 ridgeline brand new in 2009 a leftover with 20 miles on it and the warranty was going to end eight months early since they had PDI it and it was never delivered. I had to get American Honda involved and it was not pretty. When i came time to buy my 16 Pilot in August of 15 when they first came out they didn't give me any kind of deal that i got from Atlantic Honda on the purchase or the trade in. They do not believe in customer loyalty at all.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
WARNING Stay away from HUNTINGTON HONDA at all EXPENSES..... They are a bunch of liars and CROOKS. I have bought three vehicles from them and everyone i had issues with the finance managers. They have tried to rip me off on extended warranties and finance rates. The last vehicle i bought from them was a 2007 ridgeline brand new in 2009 a leftover with 20 miles on it and the warranty was going to end eight months early since they had PDI it and it was never delivered. I had to get American Honda involved and it was not pretty. When i came time to buy my 16 Pilot in August of 15 when they first came out they didn't give me any kind of deal that i got from Atlantic Honda on the purchase or the trade in. They do not believe in customer loyalty at all.
You know all finance managers push warranties, right? That's how they make extra money. I bought my left over 2018 Pilot in June of 2019 and specifically told the FM to save the speal because I wasn't buying anything, however, he said by law he has to tell me about them, and he continued to push hard to get me to buy one. I kindly kept saying no and that was that. The PDI inspection was done in May 2018 and I bought it new in June 2019, I called American Honda to ask if I had 1 year less warranty and they said no, I have full warranty because the warranty didn't start until the day the vehicle was put into service i.e. the day you bought it. I'm not sure why you had such a hard time and sorry for your luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warning! Hopefully, I can use them just to lower the price and get someone else to match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts