Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on my honda pilot EX with Leather and Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™. I recently replaced my head unit with a pioneer in-dash DVD player with monitor and at the bottom I installed a pioneer in-dash 6 disk CD changer. I put the controller under the driver seat, and also installed a TV tuner also a pioneer. Now everything is working fine except that the guy who installed it forgot to tell me that the voice that tells you when to turn will not be working. Is there anyone out there who can help me with this problem. I miss the voice of my navi. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Sorry to hear that pat0t0t. I say :twak: to the guy that installed it. I would be very mad as I am now looking into buying a Garmin Streetpilot III gps system and it talks. I say tell the installer to fix it or take everything back out and that if your not satisfied you will :22: :25: him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. But I already tried that and they said that they have no return policy and if I opt for an exchange they have a 35% restocking fee. I know that b.s. but I've only been in the states for 6 months and I really don't know the policies here. Anyways, do you know a solution for my problem. I like the system that they installed but then as I said earlier, no voice for my navigation. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
pat0t0t said:
Thanks. But I already tried that and they said that they have no return policy and if I opt for an exchange they have a 35% restocking fee. I know that b.s. but I've only been in the states for 6 months and I really don't know the policies here. Anyways, do you know a solution for my problem. I like the system that they installed but then as I said earlier, no voice for my navigation. Again, thanks.

well if they are giving BS then youshould take them head on. Did you pay by credit card...??if so dispute the charge and call you CC company to block payment:3: :3: :3:

The guy who installed shoul dhave told you if the system affected normal performance of your vehicle IMHO

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing. I am with ramirami on this one. Hopefully you paid by credit card, but if you have only been here for 6 months, not sure you have one of those bad things (credit cards) as of yet. This is considered a civil matter and you can block payment. If you paid cash, I would go to your Court House and go to the Civil Division. They should (they do here in S. Florida) file a claim against that company. Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response. But I'd rather keep the new system, if I do what you guys suggest, it might work. The only problem is that I'm afraid that when I return the system, they might do something bad with my car if they install the original. And to tell you the truth, I don't want to be doing any business with them anymore. BTW the name of the company is Planet Stereo, I don't know if you have that in your place, if you do I highly DON'T recommend them. All I want now is a solution to my problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link. It really helped. I have one more problem though, I don't know which cable/s is the voice from the navi and which one is the mute. Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are so many books to choose, which one do I need?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone out there who can help me??? WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I'm really getting desperate. All I really need to know is which cable is the audio and mute. I spent $2700 on my new system and I'm really not satisfied. Also wasted too much time on surfing for an answer (with no luck). Please help!!!

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
pat0t0t said:
There are so many books to choose, which one do I need?
2003 Honda Pilot Service Manual
Price: $70.00 In Stock
(English, Paper, 61S9V00)

sorry, can't like directly to it -- they use session ID's on the site. I only have the MDX manual and I'm not certain if the wire colors will be the same, especially since the X has different trim levels than the Pilot and will have different functions built into the nav screen/harness assemblies.

BTW, I noticed you posted in that TL thread. IMO for $2700 everything should have been integrated and your $2k nav should be fully functional. There are plenty of adapters available so your steering wheel controls remain functional, too. I'd tell your installer to either make it right, or pull the whole damn thing. You can dispute the charge w/your credit card company/bank and not pay the 35% restocking (outrageous IMNSHO). It's not like you've changed your mind (in which case a *reasonable* restocking fee would be expected) -- it's that they haven't delivered.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks much for the concern *TheWorm. I'll try to talk to them tommorrow and I'll be ordering the book too. I just hope everything will be alright. Anyways, can you send me a picture of the diagram of your navi for your mdx? I just want to see if we have the same navi schematics. Tnx.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
MDX Pinouts

Disclaimer: These are the pinouts for the 01/02 MDX. They *might* be the same as the 03 Pilot. They might *not*. As I mentioned, the X comes in different trims than the Pilot and features w/those trims may be integrated differently -- including different wire colors/harnesses -- with the display and Nav units.

Terminals 1, 3 and 9 are the relevant ones in the attached pic.

Hopefully someone w/a Pilot service manual will chime in. I'd recommend ordering one yourself, anyway -- they come in handy.

w/r/t the non-functional steering wheel controls, I'd suggest doing a search at www.acuramdx.org and at the CL/TL sites. I can't remember exactly where I saw the adapter application but I know it has been done.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again thanks for everything. I already ordered the service manual and they said it will be shipped in about 7-10 days. Hopefully someone out there can give me the schematics for the Pilot navigation. People here are so accommodating, thanks everyone. God bless.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you very much to all who replied, you all surely did help. I just received the service manual that I ordered. It came earlier than what I expected. Again, thanks and God bless you all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts